best sound cards for the money

Fagaru

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2006
well im gonna be getting a sound card for my new pc that i will get in a few months, and i was wondering, should i got for:

- audigy 2 zs (off ebay)

or

- audigy se (off newegg.com)

i believe i can get the audigy 2 zs off ebay for about 50 bucks, but im wondering if it is worth the 20 dollars more?, if u have any suggestions i will be glad, my max price is 50, thanks

Fagaru

Weirdo

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2006
for the sake of $20, buy the audigy 2 zs, you wont be dissapointed

Although I have never owned a Creative sound card prior to my X-Fi, I say go with the 2 ZS as well. I know a few people that have the Audigy SE and/or the 2 ZS and those that have both or just the 2 ZS love it so much more then the Audigy SE.

Just looking that the tech specs on Creative.com, the 2 ZS looks far more powerful then the SE.

So, for the sake of staying under your $50 limit, I say the 2 ZS.... But imo, the card with the best band-for-buck value is the XtremeMusic X-Fi but that one is quite a bit more then the 2 ZS so I understand ;)

Fagaru

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2006
yeah my bro just got some klipsch $200 speakers and they sounder like crap on his pc, so he got an x-fi extreme music and he says BF2 and games like that sound amazing, but then it cost him $107