adrenalin

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2004
Ok, Im planning to get buy two computers by this September.
(one main/one sub)
So, Please check it out.

[MAIN] used for gaming and word...etc only.
Intel Conroe E6600 2.4ghz (When its comes out)
Asus Conroe compatible mobo
2GB Dual-Chen OCZ DDR3200 (does this work w/ conroe?)
DVD-RW/+RW Drive
G80 GeForce8 Video Card(High-end WHEN its coming out)
72 10k Raptor HD
Watercooling of Thermaltake.
Some Case w/ 500W+ PSU
All around $2000CDN with tax

[SUB] used for gaming and lanning...
Intel Pentium D805 (WILL plan to O/C to about 3.0 w/ stock cooler)
AsRock 775 Conroe compatible mobo (Pentium D compatible too)
ONE 512mb DDR2100 tht i alread own
ONE 512mb DDR3200 tht i plan to buy
XFX 7600GT KO Video Card
120HD that i already own
Slim Case w/ 450W PSU (for lanning)
All around $600CDN with tax

Please tell me if i have something wrong with the rig
and any suggestions.
I plan to use my rigs for about 5 years w/o any problems.
For games, i plan to play 1.6 CS for the most part. haha. :)

*EDIT*
For my sub computer, the mobo is compatible with 2 ddr2 and 2 ddr1 slot which ables me to use the PC2100 mem. card.
Also, the PSU is by Okia which only costs 25$ CDN (budget;;)
So i was wondering if i can even O/C it up til' 3.0ghz STABLE.

ALSO, with water cooling, am i able to O/C my conroe to 3.0?

Thanks alot.

jimytheassassin

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2006
conroe, pretty sure only ddr2 but don't quote me. as for your pentium 805 you should read more before you try to OC it. You should grasp a few things before believing you can mix ram of vastly different speeds..2100 +3200 in addition to desiring 4.0ghz (you did mean 4ghz, not 3ghz) out of your OC which will not happen with out watercooling.. bluntly speaking..No, it will not work.

Once you read a few articles about the 805, and how to OC... you will understand you are severly limiting yourself with ddr, let alone what will happen when you run two unmatched sticks of different speed... which we'll say hypathetically..will run in your system. As you're probably a newbie, I would advise you don't waste your time dreaming for 4.0 unless you get a decent mobo, watercooling and ddr2 667, and read plenty before you turn your new parts into pools of silicon.

Oh and I'd just like to add..any PSU you pay 25cdn for..isn't worth 25cents. You should visit the forums and read anything you find on D 805. quality parts are needed for a good OC.the end

shadowduck

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2006
conroe, pretty sure only ddr2 but don't quote me. as for your pentium 805 you should read more before you try to OC it. You should grasp a few things before believing you can mix ram of vastly different speeds..2100 +3200 in addition to desiring 3.0ghz out of your OC which will not happen with out watercooling.. bluntly speaking..No, it will not work.

Once you read a few articles about the 805, and how to OC... you will understand you are severly limiting yourself with ddr, let alone what will happen when you run two unmatched sticks of different speed... which we'll say hypathetically..will run in your system. As you're probably a newbie, I would advise you don't waste your time dreaming for 3.0 unless you get a decent mobo, watercooling and ddr2 667, and read plenty before you turn your new parts into pools of silicon.

Oh and I'd just like to add..any PSU you pay 25cdn for..isn't worth 25cents. You should visit the forums and read anything you find on D 805. quality parts are needed for a good OC.the end

Agreed.

OP: Just do yourself a favour and stop wasting your time dreaming of O/Cing the 805. Get a 930 and be done with it.