canuck

Distinguished
May 27, 2001

Just wondering, I got it and registered and paid for it (note to our Indian
friend - emphasis on paid) to use with squawkbox, but what other programs do
the panel commonly use with it?

Programs I run with WideFS:
- ActiveSky (always; used to run free FS Metar, which is still very
good)
- SquawkBox (very occasionally -- mostly I just run it on the main PC)
- MyFSGoogle (very, very occasionally)
- Moving Map (occasionally; freeware by Rana; from AVSIM)

Maybe someday, if I ever do some REALLY long IFR flights:
- Scumari FMC (freeware) http://fmc.scumari.nl/
- FSPause (freeware by Patrick Fabre; download from AVSIM)

"Canuck" <anonymous@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Just wondering, I got it and registered and paid for it (note to our
> Indian friend - emphasis on paid) to use with squawkbox, but what other
> programs do the panel commonly use with it?

Hi Canuck
I use WideFS to run the flightplanning and flightfollowing program
FS commander ( see http://www.fscommander.com/ ) on a
separate notebook. That works great

See you, Jan
http://home.wxs.nl/~jarkest/home.html

Charley

Distinguished
May 18, 2004

Hi Pete,
I am running Firefox v1.0.6 and his site is coming up fine, maybe it might
be in your setup of Firefox that is stopping you from getting into his
site??
Charley
"Beech45Whiskey" <pjricc@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Jan Arkesteijn <jan.arkesteijn@wxs.nl> wrote:
>
>> See you, Jan
>> http://home.wxs.nl/~jarkest/home.html
>
> Your website does not work with the Firefox browser. :-( None of
> the picture links showing your apparently very impressive system are
> click-able.
>
> --
> Peter

> News==----
> Newsgroups
> =----

canuck

Distinguished
May 27, 2001

Wow! Jan looked at your website, that is one impressive looking set-up.
Thanks for the tip btw, I was using an older nav program i think its FSNav
(without firing up the laptop) I blv it was developed for FS98 and it is
getting a bit old in the tooth.

I was thinking of maybe placing a Wx prog on the laptop anyone got any
suggestions as to a stable one for the NW?

Or indeed any other progs preferably freeware to utilise in this way. I
wonder is there any FMC that can be used over the NW to take the strain off
of the main PC running FS9.

TIA

Canuck

On Fri, 16 Sep 2005 04:28:50 GMT, Canuck wrote:

> Just wondering, I got it and registered and paid for it (note to our Indian
> friend - emphasis on paid) to use with squawkbox, but what other programs do
> the panel commonly use with it?

I use it for any stand-alone program that needs a connection to FS... such
as, Project Magenta instruments, and Nav3.1 (beta)...

Bill

Colin

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2002

> Wow! Jan looked at your website, that is one impressive looking set-up.

WOW indeed! Incredible setup you have there Jan.

Colin

GREGORY

On Fri, 16 Sep 2005 08:25:09 +0200, "Jan Arkesteijn"
<jan.arkesteijn@wxs.nl> brought the following to our attention:

>"Canuck" <anonymous@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>
>> Just wondering, I got it and registered and paid for it (note to our
>> Indian friend - emphasis on paid) to use with squawkbox, but what other
>> programs do the panel commonly use with it?
>
>Hi Canuck
>I use WideFS to run the flightplanning and flightfollowing program
>FS commander ( see http://www.fscommander.com/ ) on a
>separate notebook. That works great
>
>See you, Jan
>http://home.wxs.nl/~jarkest/home.html

That's amazing!! http://home.wxs.nl/~jarkest/pc/physical.html :)

-Gregory

Beech45Whiskey wrote:
> Jan Arkesteijn <jan.arkesteijn@wxs.nl> wrote:
>

>>See you, Jan
>>http://home.wxs.nl/~jarkest/home.html
>

> Your website does not work with the Firefox browser. :-( None of
> the picture links showing your apparently very impressive system are
> click-able.

That's strange - it works perfectly on my Firefox.

What impressive systems - they make my 3 monitor system look very poor!

Warren

Warren wrote:
> Beech45Whiskey wrote:
>> Jan Arkesteijn <jan.arkesteijn@wxs.nl> wrote:
>>

>>> See you, Jan
>>> http://home.wxs.nl/~jarkest/home.html
>>

>> Your website does not work with the Firefox browser. :-( None of
>> the picture links showing your apparently very impressive system are
>> click-able.
>>
> That's strange - it works perfectly on my Firefox.
>
> What impressive systems - they make my 3 monitor system look very
> poor!

Woirks for me too. And ditto on the effect on my miserable 3 screens!

--
Cheers,

Quilly

Sorry, but an individual reply goes into my spam filter

crash

Quilljar wrote:

> Woirks for me too. And ditto on the effect on my miserable 3 screens!

OK gang - we need a group sympathy SIGH for Quilly's miserable 3:

OOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH !!!!

[he said, looking at mismatched 2 screens]

d:->))

Colin

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2002

>> See you, Jan
>> http://home.wxs.nl/~jarkest/home.html
>
> Your website does not work with the Firefox browser. :-( None of
> the picture links showing your apparently very impressive system are
> click-able.
>
> --
> Peter

Works on Firefox here Peter? Are you using the latest version 1.0.6?

Cheers.

Colin

canuck

Distinguished
May 27, 2001

Oi! stop nicking my post. :)

"CRaSH" <sorry@aint-here.spam.com> wrote in message
> Quilljar wrote:
>>
>> Woirks for me too. And ditto on the effect on my miserable 3 screens!
>

> OK gang - we need a group sympathy SIGH for Quilly's miserable 3:
>

> OOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH !!!!
>

> [he said, looking at mismatched 2 screens]
>
> d:->))

Colin

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2002

>> Works on Firefox here Peter? Are you using the latest version 1.0.6?
>
> Colin, do me a favor. Go to his link here:
>
> http://home.wxs.nl/~jarkest/pc/pc.html
>
> Then click on the "How it Looks Like" link, which does work. Do you see
> any pictures on that page? For some reason I am not seeing any pictures
> there, just their bold-text titles.

Yes, the pictures appear fine on that link Peter with Firefox 1.0.6. Very
impressive they are too!

Cheers.

Colin

Hi Chanuck

As you can read in the online manual of Activesky, ( see
http://www.hifisim.com/asvwebdocs/asv_user_guide.htm#installwfs
you can use this program over a network using WideFS
Butt it is not free

There are FMC's that can be used this way, from project Magenta
( see http://www.projectmagenta.com/)
But also not free (at all)

See you, Jan

> Wow! Jan looked at your website, that is one impressive looking set-up.
> Thanks for the tip btw, I was using an older nav program i think its FSNav
> (without firing up the laptop) I blv it was developed for FS98 and it is
> getting a bit old in the tooth.
>
> I was thinking of maybe placing a Wx prog on the laptop anyone got any
> suggestions as to a stable one for the NW?
>
> Or indeed any other progs preferably freeware to utilise in this way. I
> wonder is there any FMC that can be used over the NW to take the strain
> off of the main PC running FS9.
>
> TIA
>
> Canuck
>
> "Jan Arkesteijn" <jan.arkesteijn@wxs.nl> wrote in message
>>
>> "Canuck" <anonymous@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> Just wondering, I got it and registered and paid for it (note to our
>>> Indian friend - emphasis on paid) to use with squawkbox, but what other
>>> programs do the panel commonly use with it?
>>
>> Hi Canuck
>> I use WideFS to run the flightplanning and flightfollowing program
>> FS commander ( see http://www.fscommander.com/ ) on a
>> separate notebook. That works great
>>
>> See you, Jan
>> http://home.wxs.nl/~jarkest/home.html

canuck

Distinguished
May 27, 2001

Aha! Nav 3.1 Beta - that's the one I was referring to above not FSNav. I
find it a little unstable though.
Seems there has been no further development in it since FS2000 which is a
shame.
Anyone got any experience of FS2004 Super Flight Planner 3.0.1 or
Courseplanner (the second of which I blv is shareware)

> Aha! Nav 3.1 Beta - that's the one I was referring to above not FSNav.
> I find it a little unstable though.
> Seems there has been no further development in it since FS2000 which
> is a shame.
> Anyone got any experience of FS2004 Super Flight Planner 3.0.1 or
> Courseplanner (the second of which I blv is shareware)

He released SFP 3.02 today, but I am having some problems with it.

NAV 3.1 worked fine with FS2002, but you have to build the database
using FS2002. Once you have a database it works in FS9 (for me
anyway).

scott s.
..

GREGORY

On Sat, 17 Sep 2005 10:07:38 GMT, "scott s." <75270_3703a@csi.xcom>
brought the following to our attention:

>"Canuck" <anonymous@hotmail.com> wrote in
>
>> Aha! Nav 3.1 Beta - that's the one I was referring to above not FSNav.
>> I find it a little unstable though.
>> Seems there has been no further development in it since FS2000 which
>> is a shame.
>> Anyone got any experience of FS2004 Super Flight Planner 3.0.1 or
>> Courseplanner (the second of which I blv is shareware)
>
>He released SFP 3.02 today, but I am having some problems with it.
>
>NAV 3.1 worked fine with FS2002, but you have to build the database
>using FS2002. Once you have a database it works in FS9 (for me
>anyway).
>
>scott s.

I couldn't get Nav to work in FS8 even with support emails.
Built database but no items would ever show up on map.
Still in Nav folder and willing to try aGaiN.

-Gregory

canuck

Distinguished
May 27, 2001

I got it working but had to install it on both machines and ran the database
tool on the main machine and saved it to the laptop. Works fine but see my
TCP issues post.

Canuck

> He released SFP 3.02 today, but I am having some problems with it.

TRENDING THREADS