Illusion

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2006
hello i have over clocked about 3 tiems bofore, i susceded every time. well one time i tried to get a athlon 1000(i think) up as high as it could go and i wanted to get rid of it and i got it to 2ghz and then fried it an the board ( ahh the smell of burnign silicon). haha. so any ways i am yet anouther person wanting to get a 805. and see what i can do. i am also going to buy a conroe so i am trying to build the best back up rig i can trying to be under $600 or so. so ill post what i am hoping to get and can you all check to see if it works if not just let me know and ill be very greatful.

MoBo
i was thinking a ASUS P5P800 SE. i thought this thing would be a decent board to over clock to 3.9ish or above

CPU
the 805 of cource

CPU COOLER
http://www.frozencpu.com/ex-wat-9 i thought this looked good but could always get the Zalman 9500

RAM
the OCZ DDR2 PC2-5400 / 667 MHz / Value Pro Series / Dual Channel 2gb

HD
2x WD 120 GB SATA Hard Drive WD1200SE 120GB Serial ATA or RAID 0

PSU
hiper type R 580 W

and i already have a video card
and my case i already modded it has 208 CFM of fresh air coming in and i have 180 cmf out. goes with out saying it is prity much a wind tunel

well i just want to know what you all thought about it and if it would all work together to get my 805 up to 3.9. thanks alot buy.

Scout

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
It's interesting that people are running the PentiumD on these 865 boards now-a-days. I thought that originally you had to have a 945 chipset to run the "D"... Oh well, they seem to be working.

You should be able to get close to your target speed. I have an 805 at 3.5 GHz on stock voltage. I'm using a cheap ECS board with a Radeon Xpress 200 chipset that came as a package deal from Frys, so it doesn't allow CPU voltage adjustment... still, it's a pretty good overclock.