allhell

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2006
With the BIG rumor about Dell signing a deal for millions of chips.
If Intel has all this good stuff coming out & Dell still goes ahead with this deal ,,, don't you think that AMD must have something better coming (which they revealed to Dell) that will trash Intel?

For dell to be doing that alleged volume of business Dell must have got some serious inside info from AMD....

WELL,,, Dell might just be a real bitch & want to screw Intel for what I'm not sure.
What do you think?

allhell

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2006
Actually this was directed at you because I saw you were missing from the others?

How good it is for you to notice this & be the first to respond, but not quite like I expected?

Cat got your tongue/fingers?

9-inch

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2006
If Intel has all this good stuff coming out & Dell still goes ahead with this deal ,,, don't you think that AMD must have something better coming (which they revealed to Dell) that will trash Intel?

For dell to be doing that alleged volume of business Dell must have got some serious inside info from AMD....

WELL,,, Dell might just be a real bitch & want to screw Intel for what I'm not sure.
What do you think?

The same thing I was thinking. AMD must be really busy cooking something really really interesting. :wink:

mpjesse

Splendid
Actually this was directed at you because I saw you were missing from the others?

How good it is for you to notice this & be the first to respond, but not quite like I expected?

Cat got your tongue/fingers?

dude. stfu please. you don't have the mental capacity to set someone up.

AND PLEASE read the top 20 threads b4 posting something that's actively being talked about.

Scarchunk

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2006

What do you think?

Dell is concerned with profits much more than performance. The majority of Dell customers don't know about core 2 duo or whatever AMD might be cooking up. Intel has obviously had volume discount deals with Dell in the past and maybe AMD is willing to beat them with their recent price cuts. Maybe Intel isn't willing to give a much of a discount on core as they had on netburst. Whatever the reason I would bet that cheap processors to increase Dells profit margins is the number 1 factor.

Artmic

Distinguished
May 27, 2002
Dude, AMD and DELL are in it to make money, DELL just wants cheap parts, and AMD just wants to saturate the market with their stuff as much as possible, there is no hidden anything there, cause if they had any Killer Anti-Conroe beast somwhere they'd be yapping about it, trying to steal the thunder from Intel's Intro.

What do you think?

allhell

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2006
Just noticed you did not post on the topic before & was wondering why? Thats all.

I just think you have a hard time beliving AMD can do anything good. Despite my liking for AMD at the present time I buy best value for money most times & have no loyalty to anyone.

ryokinshin

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2006
am2 is their current thing, they will of course be releasing a new arch, but not till months after core 2. no company would keep ppl completly in the dark and jus spring out with something great.

basically wait, if they dont announce anything day before core 2 launch, they dont hav anything, why would they wait till everyones bought core 2 before telling us.

allhell

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2006
AMD and Dell sign deal for millions of chips

that one...

I just expected you to jump all over it but you surprized me some by not doing it & that is good to some extent,,,, but it seems out of character for you not to jump all over it. lol.
Anyway dont take all this the wrong way..

Scarchunk

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2006
We will just have to wait & see if AMD really has anything now, wont we?

Exactly, why would Dell go with AMD now if they could wait until this new tech you're talking about. They're doing it now because AMD is giving huge price cuts in response to Core. Coincidence?

allhell

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2006
Ok ,, I see where you coming from & I can agree with that.

I think/hope 65nm will bring exciting things for AMD as well.
Its a pity both companies 65nm products were not launched close together.

mpjesse

Splendid
You really need to get a life ,,, or a wife.

why does me telling you to stfu mean that i should get a life? i mean, you're in here at the same time as i am. perhaps you should take your own advice.

or offer more constructive criticism.

sheesh.