Registry Editor

I would like to change a setting in XP which requires me to open the Registry
Editor ( Regedit ) and navigate to a particular folder.
Trouble is I dont even know how to open up the Registry editor in the first
instance -I would therefore appreciate your help in opening up the Registry
editor and how I then navigate to a particular folder.

Thanks - RWH

Regit has a help file. Read it. Search Windows help for 'registry' for
other information.

If you don't know how to do this, then it is best you not mess with the
registry. Or use specific instructions provided by the source which
tells you to make this registry change. Changing the registry is not
something that should be done on a whim or without thought.
Hope this is useful to you. Let us know.

rms

RWH wrote:
> I would like to change a setting in XP which requires me to open the Registry
> Editor ( Regedit ) and navigate to a particular folder.
> Trouble is I dont even know how to open up the Registry editor in the first
> instance -I would therefore appreciate your help in opening up the Registry
> editor and how I then navigate to a particular folder.
>
> Thanks - RWH

DMG

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2004