conker54054

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2006
Hello All,

I was wondering, if i happen to buy a PSU for my Sony Vaio PCV-RS620G and it not fit exactly.. can i still install it? I guess what i mean is, if the PSU does not meet the old stock PSU width, hight and length, if it has some spare room, a bit loose or a bit tight, if i have to make my own support for it, is this ok? will it effect my PC in any way? Any help would be great.

Thanks.

conker54054

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2006
This must be a dumb question but where can i look to se what connecters i have on my mobo? Thanks for the fast response though, greatly appreciated.

This must be a dumb question but where can i look to se what connecters i have on my mobo? Thanks for the fast response though, greatly appreciated.

Is your Sony one of those Via vao models? I took one apart for a kid once and the damned power supply was dead center of everything. Is that the one? If that power supply ever goes out you will need to look to 'the face of mercy' to fix it.

Call Sony right now.

conker54054

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2006
Lol, no but i know which one you mean. Damned if i know what was in the heads of the people who thought that up. My PSU is in the rear like most in most other PC's. i have a good bit of room to spare as well but about 4 inches behind the PSU are my disk drives.

Lol, no but i know which one you mean. Damned if i know what was in the heads of the people who thought that up. My PSU is in the rear like most in most other PC's. i have a good bit of room to spare as well but about 4 inches behind the PSU are my disk drives.

When you remove your PSU from your 'puter, just remember everything yo take loose (write it down). When you get your new one. Go backwards.

mpjesse

Splendid
take some measurements of the PSU in ur case. then go to the PSU manufacturer's website (the one u want to buy) and check dimensions. almost everyone lists dimensions somewhere.