Your question

Now this is case wiring .....

Last response: in Components
June 27, 2006 6:10:34 AM

how is your wiring ???

:wink:

More about : case wiring

June 27, 2006 6:36:23 AM

I had a Harley and used a votage regulator off a '61 chevy that kinda looked like that fan. What is that?
June 27, 2006 6:45:49 AM

Uh ok, pretty neat with all 3 components I can see...
Related resources
June 27, 2006 7:06:09 AM

wow...
June 27, 2006 7:48:06 AM

It is a well done job, but nothing out of ordinary.
Try it with SLI cards which need external power + 2 hdds for raid 0 + watercooling(optional) and system overclocking. If you can hide all wires with all that in a pc, then it is something worth talking about.
June 27, 2006 7:50:13 AM

Quote:
It is a well done job, but nothing out of ordinary.
Try it with SLI cards which need external power + 2 hdds for raid 0 + watercooling(optional) and system overclocking. If you can hide all wires with all that in a pc, then it is something worth talking about.

i wonder if that guy can pull it off ,especialy with that Lian Li case

8O 8O 8O 8O 8O
June 27, 2006 7:52:56 AM

June 27, 2006 8:10:26 AM

I neeed that big fan. Where do I buy one?
June 27, 2006 8:37:54 AM

I just put an Artic Cooler heatsink and fan on my AMD 4800 X2 yesterday. I have temps running hot on my system, not so much the CPU. I put a Zalman 120 mm fan with the arm coming off the pci slots on the case, but I have two 7600 gt's with Zalman GPU coolers and attaching that arm off of there is buggy. I just noticed how well that artic cooling fan blows air right on the MB. It must be on a CPU heatsink? My artic cooler has the fan mounted on the side of the heatsink and blows air through the heatsink and out the back.

So, is that a CPU heatsink and fan or other? Looks cool.
June 27, 2006 8:49:05 AM

Now I looked at your pictures more carefully. I see the 120 Artic Cooling fan is mounted on a cpu heatsink. That heatsink looks like my stock AMD X2 heatsink. Is that a micro board? That is biggest damn fan I have ever seen!

Anyway, I have a system heat problem. I think adding 4 sticks of PC4000 500 mgz. RAM and running it at 500 mgz along with the two vdieo cards is SLI has added some heat to my system. The RAM Dimms have heatspreaders and they are hot to the touch. I think I have my 550 watt Antec 2.0 dual 12v rail pretty much stressed out. The heat coming out that thing could roast marshmellows. Anyway, I ordered a larger PSU with dual 12v rails 23/24amp. I get that in there in a couple of days and sse shat happens with the heat. If that don't work I'll tear it down and put an ASUS A8n32-SLI in there. I'm running an MSI SLI Platinum with built in Soundblaster 24 chip. Gotta have my Elvis.
June 27, 2006 9:03:00 AM

I think somebody at THG has banned me from these forums. I am reading the posts on my main rig at one end of the house, then when you reply I walk over to the other end of the house to my backup rig and I can reply back to you there. I've done everything. I set cookies too at every setting imaginable. I can not get my main computer to log me in. Rather than wait another day for THG to answer, I was thinking to just go ahead and format and reload my entire OS and software to fix the problem. It would be faster.
June 27, 2006 9:03:47 AM

the general rule of air cooling is , cool air going in front and warm air going to the back

since u have an sli config , the cards r putting out heat inside the case instead of exiting the case....

i would add one 120mm in the front and 120mm fan in back and an exhuast on the side panel of your case

June 27, 2006 9:09:38 AM

Quote:
the general rule of air cooling is , cool air going in front and warm air going to the back

since u have an sli config , the cards r putting out heat inside the case instead of exiting the case....

i would add one 120mm in the front and 120mm fan in back and an exhuast on the side panel of your case

Yeah, air flow is part of my problem. I have two 80mm fans pulling air in from my aluminum Kingwin case in front of my HD's. No fans on top and no fans on the side and only an 80 mm exhaust in the back. I really need a side fan blowing in from the glass. I had that Zalman 120mm/w mountin arm attached to the PCI casr slots, but I noticed one of my video cards suddenly was not recognized in SLI. I reseated the video cards and took the fan out and all is ok. I think the vibration was a bit much with that Zalman mounted there.

I have never done it, but I may have to cut a hole in the top of my case and get a 120 mm fan up there. I really think that would help a lot. I might have to seriously consider doing it.

Edit:
I put one of these in the botom PCI slot. It moves a lot of air.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E1683...
June 27, 2006 9:14:01 AM

what u can do is get a regular CD and put it on the side of your case, make a circle with a marker or whatever then cut it out , then get a 120mm fan and line up the circle with the fan and put dots on where the holes r and use a drill to drill out the screw holes and there u go
June 27, 2006 9:24:01 AM

Quote:
what u can do is get a regular CD and put it on the side of your case, make a circle with a marker or whatever then cut it out , then get a 120mm fan and line up the circle with the fan and put dots on where the holes r and use a drill to drill out the screw holes and there u go

Thanks for the idea. I will think about it. It's funny, I bought this Pentium 805 D Smithfield and have it blazin' a path across the sky. There is no heat problem. I put my 4800 X2 in SLI and add some 500 mhz RAM and the thing is on fire. Computers are funny like that.

BTW, where is your power supply? I guess I'm blind.
June 27, 2006 9:51:02 AM

If you're talking about the pictures-i guess you're really blind. You can see it on the pre-last one.
June 27, 2006 9:53:28 AM

Nice job concealing the wiring, very neat. Did you fabricate that piece of metal covering you psu? or does it come with your case? You should get a black electrical tape and wrap the wiring of the cpu fan, front case fan, sata cable, switch and reset wiring to conceal it more. Wow, it like what you did with the media drive ribbon, it looks as if it is not connected. I'll give your wiring 9 out of 10, outstanding job!

:D 
June 27, 2006 10:32:13 AM

Quote:
Nice job concealing the wiring, very neat. Did you fabricate that piece of metal covering you psu? or does it come with your case? You should get a black electrical tape and wrap the wiring of the cpu fan, front case fan, sata cable, switch and reset wiring to conceal it more. Wow, it like what you did with the media drive ribbon, it looks as if it is not connected. I'll give your wiring 9 out of 10, outstanding job!

srry to say but that aint my computer :[

i looked around some forums and i came across this one , u can read his post here

http://forums.anandtech.com/messageview.aspx?catid=37&t...

i just wanted some ideas on how to wire a case really good ....... and this gave me the ideas i needed

but it seems he cut some holes to make everything fit right and he used a modular PSU
June 27, 2006 10:40:03 AM

man that's neat!!!!!!!!!!!
June 27, 2006 10:45:04 AM

>>srry to say but that aint my computer :[

i looked around some forums and i came across this one , u can read his post here

http://forums.anandtech.com/messageview.aspx?catid=37&t...

i just wanted some ideas on how to wire a case really good ....... and this gave me the ideas i needed<<

Let him know you won first prize with his case.
June 27, 2006 10:47:00 AM

lol :wink:
June 27, 2006 10:54:47 AM

With the extra fans on the far side of the hard drives, there isn't room in my case to tuck the cables away.

June 27, 2006 11:13:05 AM

Quote:
With the extra fans on the far side of the hard drives, there isn't room in my case to tuck the cables away.

dang lol , what u use your computer for ?
June 27, 2006 1:15:43 PM

wow my new hero for pc building! hehe. */me must buy huge lian li case... so expensive... yet sooo good... gahhhhhhhhh*

(pleas submit a high res version of that wiring... it looks beyond ridiculous.)
June 27, 2006 1:44:28 PM

Does anyone here use the ULTRA Aluminus case ? I have one that I'm using to build my next computer, and was wondering if anybody could post finished results with the case.
June 27, 2006 2:24:11 PM

Will you do my wiring 4 money? :D 
June 27, 2006 5:43:30 PM

In short? Everything.

Since this picture, I had made some changes:
I removed the far side of the case and mounted those hard drive stack 80mm's outside the case, which gave me a lot more room, ran the power cables between the drives like the sata cables are. When you get so much stuff in there, it becomes difficult to manage the cabling effectively.

4x160 GB SATAII in a RAID0 (~600GB), my OSes and games.
2x250 GB SATAII (@SATAI) in a RAID1, (work, writing, etc...)
2xDual Layer DVD RW (1 Lightscribe)
1xHigh Speed CD RW
(Floppy for the RAID drivers. :) 

I also sealed up all the little gaps around the fans, above the motherboard and along the rear of the PC case. Air can only pass in through the fans, and can only come out through the fans or the Video card.
June 27, 2006 6:33:39 PM

Quote:
Will you do my wiring 4 money? :D 

lol
June 27, 2006 7:04:57 PM

If you can't hide it, make it look fancy and it will appear intentional, not hap=hazzard. There are countless guides and examples of people covering the wiring from a PSU..Getting rid of the rainbow will keep your eye from being drawn to the tangled weave of wire. Never underestimate flat cables if you have ide. They can be folded and hidden in ways round cables can't. Anyone can make a PC with no components look neat..Yours is a considerable challenge for visual satisfaction
June 27, 2006 9:16:26 PM

helps gfx card cooling, my Zalman VF-900 is fed by that 92mm
June 27, 2006 10:18:05 PM

just 3 words.

wow wow and wow!!!!!

Oh wait that's 4 words......................

Makes me embarressed to look at my box :oops: 
June 28, 2006 3:09:31 AM

Quote:
just 3 words.

wow wow and wow!!!!!

Oh wait that's 4 words......................

Makes me embarressed to look at my box :oops: 

hey just as long as it performs the way it should , i would be happy

unless your going to a LAN to show off to a couple of your buddies

June 28, 2006 7:54:32 AM

Quote:

Fortunately :)  (or unfortunately :(  ) there are no LAN parties in St. Petersburg Russia.
June 28, 2006 4:09:35 PM

Quote:

Fortunately :)  (or unfortunately :(  ) there are no LAN parties in St. Petersburg Russia.

dang .....
June 28, 2006 5:15:26 PM

LAN Party...

Some people have pretty lights.
Some people have small, easy to pack cases.
Some people have acrylic, or custom paint jobs.

I have none of those things. So I show off with triple-digit kill counts and single-digit deaths.
June 28, 2006 5:42:17 PM

lol
June 28, 2006 6:40:06 PM

See this is why u buy the Antec P180, No one can peek inside
June 28, 2006 6:45:15 PM

ive built a computer with a Antec P180

its a wonderfull case, i was going to buy one myself

the Sonata II i freakin hate

ewwwww
June 28, 2006 6:48:06 PM

why??
June 28, 2006 7:06:14 PM

it looks horrible , now i know the cooling and the noise on this case r great ...

i just never liked the way it looked , reminds me of Best Buy and something u buy from Dell, gateway or whatever

:( 
June 28, 2006 7:19:44 PM

ok, i agree.

P180 looks sweet, i like the silver one. What about u?
June 28, 2006 7:25:28 PM

i like the black one , the i have to agree they both look simple and good looking ..... i had to admit when i put the system together turned it on , i didnt hear anything

good case

Antec Quality :D 
June 30, 2006 9:24:52 PM

my ghettoness, in all its glory.. i dont have all those fans hooked up anymore... there was just way too many, the noise was driveing me crazy. click to enlarge..

the last oneis pretty fuzzy, i was fairly juiced when i took that pic.
June 30, 2006 9:35:24 PM

u do know twist ties are made with steel wire. That touches ur PCB something will fry.
!