What different papers are there that I can print on?

I want to create 'artistic' print outs of pictures.
I was just wondering, is there other papers than the normal that I can
print on?
Like a heavy matt or grainy surface?

Any links to websites where sold would be useful.

Thanks.

OM

Duh

And the printer that I will be using is ____________.

"OM" <om.newsgroup@gmail.com> wrote in message
I want to create 'artistic' print outs of pictures.
I was just wondering, is there other papers than the normal that I can
print on?
Like a heavy matt or grainy surface?

Any links to websites where sold would be useful.

Thanks.

OM

Jim

"OM" <om.newsgroup@gmail.com> wrote in message
> I want to create 'artistic' print outs of pictures.
> I was just wondering, is there other papers than the normal that I can
> print on?
Precisely which paper are you using? Every printer maker sells more than
one type.
To answer your question, there are lots and lots and lots of different types
of paper.
> Like a heavy matt or grainy surface?
Yes.

> Any links to websites where sold would be useful.
B&H sells papers from all of the major printer companies. Red River Paper
(among many others) sells its own line of papers.
Jim

"OM" <om.newsgroup@gmail.com> wrote in message
> I want to create 'artistic' print outs of pictures.
> I was just wondering, is there other papers than the normal that I can
> print on? Like a heavy matt or grainy surface?

Almost any texture you want is available these days. Try a good artists
shop.

In the UK from..
http://craftycomputerpaper.co.uk/index2.html
you can get lots of different papers.

Examples:
Handmade Inkjet Paper from Napal
http://craftycomputerpaper.co.uk/Handmade%20paper%20new.htm
Artist Canvas for inkjet printers
http://craftycomputerpaper.co.uk/artists%20canvas.htm
Inkjet Vellums
http://craftycomputerpaper.co.uk/inkjet%20sparkle%20vellum.htm
Fuzzy Paper for inkjet printers
http://craftycomputerpaper.co.uk/fuzzy%20paper%20product.htm
Textured handmade inkjet papers
http://craftycomputerpaper.co.uk/Handmade%20textured%20papers.htm
Cotton Inkjet fabric sheets (NOT an iron on transfer - the cotton goes
through the printer!)
http://craftycomputerpaper.co.uk/cotton%20fabric%20sheets.htm

Many photo editing programs can modify a photograph so that it looks like
it's been painted with a brush. If you run that tool over an image the print
on textured paper and give a coat of "varnish it can be quite convincing
from a few feet away.

Which printer and inks do you wish to, or are you using now?

Art