Hi
I am a bit puzzeled about how to create new users ( accessing my PC from
local network ). In 2000 you went to control panel and added new. In XP it
is different?
Thanks
Kalevi

Hi Kalevi

Have you tried Control Panel>User Accounts?

--

Will Denny
MVP - Windows Shell/User

Kalevi wrote:
> I am a bit puzzeled about how to create new users ( accessing my PC
> from local network ). In 2000 you went to control panel and added
> new. In XP it is different?

Start --> Help & Support --> Search would likely help.

Windows XP is and will remain a MultiUser OS. If you delete some of the
users in the Documents and Settings directory, you will affect your user and
possibly other things. It could cause things you had set to go missing and
the directories, in most cases, will recreate themselves.

HOW TO: Create and Configure User Accounts in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;279783&Product=winxp

HOW TO: Set, View, Change, or Remove Special Permissions for Files and
Folders in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308419&Product=winxp

Doug's Windows XP Security Console

Windows XP is a multi-user OS, even when used by one person only, the
fundamentals don't change.

Documents and Settings is the directory that contains your user
information/documents/etc. It also contains a few extra directories used by
Windows.

One is "Default User" - This is used whenever a new account is created. It
bases the initial setup of that account off this directory.

Another is "All Users" - This is used by.. all users. If you want something
to appear on the desktop of every user of the machine, you put it on this
users desktop (in the desktop folder.) Etc.

You may also see "Administrator" - depending on your setup, this is the
original administrator user and if you know that account's password, you
should leave him alone and use him only in an emergency.

You could also (if you have it where you can see ALL files) see
"LocalService" and "NetworkService" folders. These are service accounts,
normally unused by the standard user.

--
<- Shenan ->

Wrong.
You can get to user accounts in Windows XP also. Go to Control Panel,
User Accounts.
R.S.
..