system restore

September 28, 2004 7:17:04 AM

can I create my own restore dates on system restore. Tried and failed many
times.

More about : system restore

September 28, 2004 3:25:18 PM

"marbill" <marbill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> can I create my own restore dates on system restore. Tried and failed
many
> times.

Certainly you can. What happens when you "try and fail"? How are you trying
to create the restore points?
Anonymous
September 28, 2004 3:26:16 PM

Hi

Yes, you should be able to manually create System Restore checkpoints. What
happens when you try to create them?

--

Will Denny
MVP - Windows Shell/User

"marbill" <marbill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> can I create my own restore dates on system restore. Tried and failed
> many
> times.
September 28, 2004 3:26:17 PM

This is the only thing I found, it may not help, but there are some other
related type links at the bottom of the article.
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;322246&Product=winxp

news:o ae4XWUpEHA.868@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> Hi
>
> Yes, you should be able to manually create System Restore checkpoints.
What
> happens when you try to create them?
>
> --
>
> Will Denny
> MVP - Windows Shell/User
> Please reply to the News Groups
>

> "marbill" <marbill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > can I create my own restore dates on system restore. Tried and failed
> > many
> > times.

Anonymous
September 28, 2004 5:29:25 PM

At the risk of oversimplifying, did you give your restore point a name?

"marbill" <marbill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> can I create my own restore dates on system restore. Tried and failed
> many
> times.
Anonymous
September 28, 2004 8:08:47 PM

This tutorial covers making your own restore points:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/tutorial56.html
!