system restore

can I create my own restore dates on system restore. Tried and failed many
times.
5 answers Last reply
More about system restore

    "marbill" <marbill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > can I create my own restore dates on system restore. Tried and failed
    many
    > times.

    Certainly you can. What happens when you "try and fail"? How are you trying
    to create the restore points?

    Hi

    Yes, you should be able to manually create System Restore checkpoints. What
    happens when you try to create them?

    --

    Will Denny
    MVP - Windows Shell/User

    "marbill" <marbill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > can I create my own restore dates on system restore. Tried and failed
    > many
    > times.

    This is the only thing I found, it may not help, but there are some other
    related type links at the bottom of the article.
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;322246&Product=winxp

    > Hi
    >
    > Yes, you should be able to manually create System Restore checkpoints.
    What
    > happens when you try to create them?
    >
    > --
    >
    > Will Denny
    > MVP - Windows Shell/User
    > Please reply to the News Groups
    >

    > "marbill" <marbill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > can I create my own restore dates on system restore. Tried and failed
    > > many
    > > times.

    At the risk of oversimplifying, did you give your restore point a name?

    "marbill" <marbill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > can I create my own restore dates on system restore. Tried and failed
    > many
    > times.

    This tutorial covers making your own restore points:

    http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/tutorial56.html
    "marbill" <marbill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > can I create my own restore dates on system restore. Tried and failed
    > many
    > times.

Microsoft System Restore Windows XP