Artmic

Distinguished
May 27, 2002
They write all kinds of crap sometimes to get publicity and attention. :roll:

Yup they do, but sometimes it is fun to wake up in the morning get some coffee and read through it, to get a laugh or two. lol

NightlySputnik

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2006
I'd go 50/50 on theinquirer. Most of the hardware stuff they put up is good (especially specifications of upcoming hardware). But whenever it comes to stuff like here (driver and all) I also think there sometime way off the track.

But you should all read theinquirer before other site to realize that more than often, whatever they say is taken by other site. It should prove to all of us that the have at least some consideration in the world of computers site.

My 2 cents!!! :wink:

dorion

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2005
I read it for Everywhere girl. :roll:

Yeah they do overdo their articles, but they are atleast somewhat informative, The Woodcrest Reviews I saw today were quite bland compared to the Inquirers articles. :wink:

pausert20

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2006
The way SLI works is that there is code in the driver that looks for what motherboard it is plugged into. If it recognizes the that the board is a Nvidia chipset it unlocks and makes SLI avialable.

As for Intel motherboards or Intel Chipset motherboards, Intel did not want to pay the licensing fee that Nvidia wanted for them to put support into their drivers. Unfortunately we could all be happily running with SLI on our Intel boards if Intel had been smart enough to include SLI in the cross licensing that allowed Nvidia to use Intel's FSB and come out with their Nforce chipset that supports Intel processors. :(