TCP issues

Using WideFS the read me states that TCP is the better way to go. However I
cannot seem to get it working thus. IPX works fine and is stable but
apparantly is outmoded (if faster). Can anyone point me in the right
direction or offer clues here.

I am running XP on both machines, Main machine is P4 with 3.6 Ghz Intel
processor. Secondary machine is a laptop AMD 64 Processor running at 1.79
Ghz.

Both run the internet fine and are connected to a Linksys router with
Wireless and LAN capabiluty. Whether the wireless enabled or not still get
the same problem.

I'm flummoxed.

TIA Canuck

btw I'm on cable.
4 answers Last reply
More about issues

    Do you have XP Service Pack 2 installed? Windows Firewall is activated
    by default when you install SP2, thus all TCPIP ports will be
    blocked... I guess NetBIOS is not affected by this so.. this could be
    the problem.

    ___| reply |__________________________________________________________

    Using WideFS the read me states that TCP is the better way to go.
    However I cannot seem to get it working thus. IPX works fine and is
    stable but apparantly is outmoded (if faster). Can anyone point me in
    the right
    direction or offer clues here.

    Thanks for the responses folks - I guess that networking is a black art.

    "David Wilson-Okamura" <David Wilson-Okamura@forums.simradar.com> wrote in
    message news:1126986980.667@forums.simradar.com...

    > Using WideFS the read me states that TCP is the better way to go.
    > However I cannot seem to get it working thus. IPX works fine and is
    > stable but apparantly is outmoded (if faster). Can anyone point me in
    > the right
    > direction or offer clues here.

    Thanks for the responses folks - I guess that networking is a black art

TCP/IP Video Games