Status
Not open for further replies.

Ron

Help! I inadvertently deleted something that resulted in a loss of search
capability. Also, System Restore is not functional. I believe it happened
when I deleted some Symantec Shared files. Anybody got any thoughts what
files and how to get them? Yes I emptied the Recycle Bin. Dumb.

Carol

Try PC Inspector File Recovery...a free download. Do a
google search for web site. If you haven't defragged, it
may get your files back. Works for me with personal
files. Don't know about system files. Did you try a
system restore?

Hi

Do you know exactly which files were deleted?

See if the following helps for the Search problem - please follow the
directions at the top of the page:

"Why doesn't Search work?"

and this for System Restore:

Right click My Computer, select Properties and then the System Restore tab.
Enable 'Turn off System Restore on all drives' and reboot your PC. After
that 1st reboot go back into SR and disable 'Turn off System Restore on all
drives' and reboot your PC again. After that 2nd reboot you should have one
new SR checkpoint.

--

Will Denny
MVP - Windows Shell/User

"Ron" <nos_pa_m@glasscity.net> wrote in message
> Help! I inadvertently deleted something that resulted in a loss of search
> capability. Also, System Restore is not functional. I believe it
> happened when I deleted some Symantec Shared files. Anybody got any
> thoughts what files and how to get them? Yes I emptied the Recycle Bin.
> Dumb.

hi,
i accidentally uninstall 'ms office xp with frontpage' and now i cant run ms
word/powerpoint/excel and access...can i reinstall them without the xp disc?

shan wrote:
> hi,
> i accidentally uninstall 'ms office xp with frontpage' and now i cant run ms
> word/powerpoint/excel and access...can i reinstall them without the xp disc?

No, you cannot re-install Office without having the CD. Simply use
the CD from which Office was originally installed to re-install it. If
Office came pre-installed on your computer, the necessary installation
CD and documentation will be with the rest of the CDs and paperwork that
came with the computer.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

both at once. - RAH

george

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2001

Office programs (word etc.) come on a seperate disc and you don't need the
XP disc to install them.
However, if all this came pre-installed on your system, you may not have
that seperate Office disc either.

george

"shan" <shan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> hi,
> i accidentally uninstall 'ms office xp with frontpage' and now i cant run
> ms
> word/powerpoint/excel and access...can i reinstall them without the xp
> disc?
>
> "Carol" wrote:
>
>> Try PC Inspector File Recovery...a free download. Do a
>> google search for web site. If you haven't defragged, it
>> may get your files back. Works for me with personal
>> files. Don't know about system files. Did you try a
>> system restore?

Shan,

Where did you purchase Office? Did you purchase it or did it come
preinstalled with your Windows? IF it is preinstalled with Windows, check
your CDs that you got when you bought this PC and see if there is this
Office CD with it. Use it to reinstall Office.

If you purchase Office without it preinstalled, then 100% you will have that
Office disk. Just look for it and install from there.

Installing Office (or reinstall) doesn't need the Windows CD. Consult your
system manufacturer if you have Office preinstalled with Windows (if you
cannot find the office disk).

Hope this helps.

--
Jabez Gan
Give me a chance, Let me help you!

"shan" <shan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> hi,
> i accidentally uninstall 'ms office xp with frontpage' and now i cant run
> ms
> word/powerpoint/excel and access...can i reinstall them without the xp
> disc?
>
> "Carol" wrote:
>
>> Try PC Inspector File Recovery...a free download. Do a
>> google search for web site. If you haven't defragged, it
>> may get your files back. Works for me with personal
>> files. Don't know about system files. Did you try a
>> system restore?

TRENDING THREADS