ASROCK DUAL SATA MICROPHONE PROBLEMS

Qwertyleo

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2006
again I just did a search and well the numbr of hits I got that were nothing to do with the topic made me give up.

I have an asrock dual sata, and I canot get my microphone to work any help would be greatly apreacted.

Ive tried software activation, now worked and Ive tried the fron and back port, with no look.

Unless I can get this sorted me thinks im just gonna buy a usb web cam witha built in mic, or a usb mic, ... Need to conserve my usb slots though!

nategarst

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2006
I assume you are using on board audio right. Has it worked in the past? Have you update the drivers for the onboard audio? Also check to make sure the microphone wasn't automatically muting itself. I had that problem from time to time when I used Ventrilio and jumped out of a game.

Qwertyleo

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2006
I assume you are using on board audio right. Has it worked in the past? Have you update the drivers for the onboard audio? Also check to make sure the microphone wasn't automatically muting itself. I had that problem from time to time when I used Ventrilio and jumped out of a game.

Ive tried sound jumpers (on the panel plug in control), uptodate drivers and ofcourse it isnt muting it self :p. Its onboard hence the chipset name, and I cant use the mic at all let alone vent :(

WolfDragon

Distinguished
May 3, 2006
well, two things....

one: make sure that the mic isnt busted... i'm assuming that you already have checked that on another computer, but it doesnt hurt to state the obvious now and then

two: if you are worried about the usb slots, just put a hub in, turn one usb port into 4 or 8 or however big the hub is, remember one usb controller chip can address a max of 256 devices and you can put hubs in after hub to make a daisy chain to the 256 port limit (minus the number of hubs of course)

now how many of you who read this thread thought you were only limited to the number of usb ports on the mobo?

it's ok... live and learn

Qwertyleo

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2006
well, two things....

one: make sure that the mic isnt busted... i'm assuming that you already have checked that on another computer, but it doesnt hurt to state the obvious now and then

two: if you are worried about the usb slots, just put a hub in, turn one usb port into 4 or 8 or however big the hub is, remember one usb controller chip can address a max of 256 devices and you can put hubs in after hub to make a daisy chain to the 256 port limit (minus the number of hubs of course)

now how many of you who read this thread thought you were only limited to the number of usb ports on the mobo?

it's ok... live and learn

yeah it works :(, but the main reason i dont want to use a hub is that i dont ahve space to put it anywere (im not kidding either)