Been playing around with FS Passengers a bit (demo version) and when I taxi
up to 10 left at KSFO, I get a hold position at the runway/hold short line
and there I stay for an eternity...the controller always says "caution the
Dash 8 taking off runway 10L" but I've never received clearance to take off.
I tried once, thinking that it was okay because they were saying the
"caution" thing. Boy was I in trouble then. So the forth time of sitting
there, I canceled IFR and received clearance to takeoff VFR, and requested
my IFR flight while in flight and proceeded on. The next time I tried the
same thing and after it said to get clearance for VFR from the tower, it
only gave me the option of toggling between ground and tower...now options
.... no clearance. So now I am getting IFR clearance and canceling it before
I begin taxiing. Then I taxi VFR and request takeoff VFR and it gets me in
the air and then do my thing (IFR). This makes me a little apprehensive
about purchasing it...although I like what it does. It's making me a better
pilot...more planning, running checklists, scanning the panel, thinking
ahead. I have to try it with a small GA like my DF 310 and see how it
works. Give yourself an 'Atta Boy' if you made it to the end of this here
"thesis."

Mr. Steve

Arthur

I gave myself an 'attaboy' since I got to the end of your thesis. I highly
doubt FSPax is giving you that difficulty. I purchased the program and I
can't see how it can affect that particular part of FS9. However, I do get
other weird glitches regarding clearances sometimes, which I have gotten
ever since I've had FS9. Sometimes I am placed on the runway for takeoff
and told to 'hold' for an AI aircraft waiting to get onto the runway behind
me. After a while, the AI aircraft disappears and I get clearance to go.
Also, many times the ATC screws up when I'm landing, but it's done that to
me many times before I ever heard of FSPassengers.

Since I enjoy flying the 737 around, FSPassengers has given me that little
extra 'somethin' I needed just to improve the flying experience and I've
never regretted buying it. It is being upgraded continously and just gets
better and better.

Should you continue to think your problem is caused by FSPax, go to their
website and post your problem in their forum. There will be a slew of folks
willing to give you advice.

By the way, my congratulations on your manipulation of the ATC......I wish I
had your patience : )

Arthur

"Mr. Steve" <surveyorsteve@cox.net> wrote in message
> Been playing around with FS Passengers a bit (demo version) and when I
> taxi up to 10 left at KSFO, I get a hold position at the runway/hold short
> line and there I stay for an eternity...the controller always says
> "caution the Dash 8 taking off runway 10L" but I've never received
> clearance to take off. I tried once, thinking that it was okay because
> they were saying the "caution" thing. Boy was I in trouble then. So the
> forth time of sitting there, I canceled IFR and received clearance to
> takeoff VFR, and requested my IFR flight while in flight and proceeded on.
> The next time I tried the same thing and after it said to get clearance
> for VFR from the tower, it only gave me the option of toggling between
> ground and tower...now options ... no clearance. So now I am getting IFR
> clearance and canceling it before I begin taxiing. Then I taxi VFR and
> request takeoff VFR and it gets me in the air and then do my thing (IFR).
> This makes me a little apprehensive about purchasing it...although I like
> what it does. It's making me a better pilot...more planning, running
> checklists, scanning the panel, thinking ahead. I have to try it with a
> small GA like my DF 310 and see how it works. Give yourself an 'Atta Boy'
> if you made it to the end of this here "thesis."
>
> Mr. Steve

never had this problem, are you sure you are taxiing to the right runway?

ok that makes me sound like im calling you a newbie, but really, FSpassenger
doesnt mess with the ATC, so that bug or whatever you are getting is to do
with FS9.....

--
From Overlag - Adam Webb

"Mr. Steve" <surveyorsteve@cox.net> wrote in message
> Been playing around with FS Passengers a bit (demo version) and when I
> taxi up to 10 left at KSFO, I get a hold position at the runway/hold short
> line and there I stay for an eternity...the controller always says
> "caution the Dash 8 taking off runway 10L" but I've never received
> clearance to take off. I tried once, thinking that it was okay because
> they were saying the "caution" thing. Boy was I in trouble then. So the
> forth time of sitting there, I canceled IFR and received clearance to
> takeoff VFR, and requested my IFR flight while in flight and proceeded on.
> The next time I tried the same thing and after it said to get clearance
> for VFR from the tower, it only gave me the option of toggling between
> ground and tower...now options ... no clearance. So now I am getting IFR
> clearance and canceling it before I begin taxiing. Then I taxi VFR and
> request takeoff VFR and it gets me in the air and then do my thing (IFR).
> This makes me a little apprehensive about purchasing it...although I like
> what it does. It's making me a better pilot...more planning, running
> checklists, scanning the panel, thinking ahead. I have to try it with a
> small GA like my DF 310 and see how it works. Give yourself an 'Atta Boy'
> if you made it to the end of this here "thesis."
>
> Mr. Steve

I guess I will try it a few times from the same spot, the same date, the
same time FS9 only (IFR of course) and see whether it happens then or not.
The only other thing that is a variable would be the Dash 8 (PAD Dash 8 ERA
livery). I don't think I have any add-on stuff for that area...default
terrain etc.

I've had a few glitches myself over the years but usually not every time. I
even changed the time and once even the date...It's a head scratcher. I
keep you posted with what happens.

Thanks for the replies. Oh and BTW, I was at 10L. From the default demo
ramp, it is right in front of you.

Mr. Steve

"Adam Webb" <adam@ajmysecondname.eclipse.co.uk> wrote in message
> never had this problem, are you sure you are taxiing to the right runway?
>
> ok that makes me sound like im calling you a newbie, but really,
> FSpassenger doesnt mess with the ATC, so that bug or whatever you are
> getting is to do with FS9.....
>
> --
> From Overlag - Adam Webb
>
> "Mr. Steve" <surveyorsteve@cox.net> wrote in message
>> Been playing around with FS Passengers a bit (demo version) and when I
>> taxi up to 10 left at KSFO, I get a hold position at the runway/hold
>> short line and there I stay for an eternity...the controller always says
>> "caution the Dash 8 taking off runway 10L" but I've never received
>> clearance to take off. I tried once, thinking that it was okay because
>> they were saying the "caution" thing. Boy was I in trouble then. So the
>> forth time of sitting there, I canceled IFR and received clearance to
>> takeoff VFR, and requested my IFR flight while in flight and proceeded
>> on. The next time I tried the same thing and after it said to get
>> clearance for VFR from the tower, it only gave me the option of toggling
>> between ground and tower...now options ... no clearance. So now I am
>> getting IFR clearance and canceling it before I begin taxiing. Then I
>> taxi VFR and request takeoff VFR and it gets me in the air and then do my
>> thing (IFR). This makes me a little apprehensive about purchasing
>> it...although I like what it does. It's making me a better pilot...more
>> planning, running checklists, scanning the panel, thinking ahead. I have
>> to try it with a small GA like my DF 310 and see how it works. Give
>> yourself an 'Atta Boy' if you made it to the end of this here "thesis."
>>
>> Mr. Steve

I had the opportunity to do intensive testing with FSPassengers and as far
as I have found out there's no interference of FSPassengers with standard FS
ATC. It is actually just watching your "behaving" in the world of FS.
There's also no clue in the handbook about any interference with ATC. Maybe
someone else can disprove my findings?
--
Oskar Wagner
(retired Captain)

Remember, in the great scheme of things, we're all small potatoes....

"Arthur" <simmeronlo@rogers.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>I gave myself an 'attaboy' since I got to the end of your thesis. I highly
>doubt FSPax is giving you that difficulty. I purchased the program and I
>can't see how it can affect that particular part of FS9. However, I do get
>other weird glitches regarding clearances sometimes, which I have gotten
>ever since I've had FS9. Sometimes I am placed on the runway for takeoff
>and told to 'hold' for an AI aircraft waiting to get onto the runway behind
>me. After a while, the AI aircraft disappears and I get clearance to go.
>Also, many times the ATC screws up when I'm landing, but it's done that to
>me many times before I ever heard of FSPassengers.
>
> Since I enjoy flying the 737 around, FSPassengers has given me that little
> extra 'somethin' I needed just to improve the flying experience and I've
> never regretted buying it. It is being upgraded continously and just gets
> better and better.
>
> Should you continue to think your problem is caused by FSPax, go to their
> website and post your problem in their forum. There will be a slew of
> folks willing to give you advice.
>
> By the way, my congratulations on your manipulation of the ATC......I wish
> I had your patience : )
>
> Arthur
>
> "Mr. Steve" <surveyorsteve@cox.net> wrote in message
>> Been playing around with FS Passengers a bit (demo version) and when I
>> taxi up to 10 left at KSFO, I get a hold position at the runway/hold
>> short line and there I stay for an eternity...the controller always says
>> "caution the Dash 8 taking off runway 10L" but I've never received
>> clearance to take off. I tried once, thinking that it was okay because
>> they were saying the "caution" thing. Boy was I in trouble then. So the
>> forth time of sitting there, I canceled IFR and received clearance to
>> takeoff VFR, and requested my IFR flight while in flight and proceeded
>> on. The next time I tried the same thing and after it said to get
>> clearance for VFR from the tower, it only gave me the option of toggling
>> between ground and tower...now options ... no clearance. So now I am
>> getting IFR clearance and canceling it before I begin taxiing. Then I
>> taxi VFR and request takeoff VFR and it gets me in the air and then do my
>> thing (IFR). This makes me a little apprehensive about purchasing
>> it...although I like what it does. It's making me a better pilot...more
>> planning, running checklists, scanning the panel, thinking ahead. I have
>> to try it with a small GA like my DF 310 and see how it works. Give
>> yourself an 'Atta Boy' if you made it to the end of this here "thesis."
>>
>> Mr. Steve

The only problem I had at KSFO there was A LOT of traffic. It took me
forever to get to my turn, but the passengers liked the cheesy music. I
simply turned down my traffic from 100% to about 50% and I got to the active
runway faster. Speaking of SFO, I was doing the FSPAX war zone demo and I
found myself at an airport close to SFO I don't remember what the airport
was. As I took off I got shot up and lost my hydraulics and electric
systems, I managed to VFR it to SFO and landed on the active with no flaps
or any other instruments. (The GWPS) worked. once I landed the passengers
cheered, it was rather cool, I received a good score for my flying.

I love the program and paid for it after about a week of flying out of SFO.
Thanks to this NG and the person that was looking for a crack, I had no idea
the program existed until someone was looking to steal it. Lots of work when
into this program and I was more then happy to pay for it.

73's

> I guess I will try it a few times from the same spot, the same date, the
> same time FS9 only (IFR of course) and see whether it happens then or not.
> The only other thing that is a variable would be the Dash 8 (PAD Dash 8
ERA
> livery). I don't think I have any add-on stuff for that area...default
> terrain etc.
>
> I've had a few glitches myself over the years but usually not every time.
> even changed the time and once even the date...It's a head scratcher. I
> keep you posted with what happens.
>
> Thanks for the replies. Oh and BTW, I was at 10L. From the default demo
> ramp, it is right in front of you.
>
> Mr. Steve
>
> "Adam Webb" <adam@ajmysecondname.eclipse.co.uk> wrote in message
> > never had this problem, are you sure you are taxiing to the right
runway?

> > ok that makes me sound like im calling you a newbie, but really,
> > FSpassenger doesnt mess with the ATC, so that bug or whatever you are
> > getting is to do with FS9.....
> >
> > --
> > From Overlag - Adam Webb
> >
> > "Mr. Steve" <surveyorsteve@cox.net> wrote in message
> >> Been playing around with FS Passengers a bit (demo version) and when I
> >> taxi up to 10 left at KSFO, I get a hold position at the runway/hold
> >> short line and there I stay for an eternity...the controller always
says
> >> "caution the Dash 8 taking off runway 10L" but I've never received
> >> clearance to take off. I tried once, thinking that it was okay because
> >> they were saying the "caution" thing. Boy was I in trouble then. So
the
> >> forth time of sitting there, I canceled IFR and received clearance to
> >> takeoff VFR, and requested my IFR flight while in flight and proceeded
> >> on. The next time I tried the same thing and after it said to get
> >> clearance for VFR from the tower, it only gave me the option of
toggling
> >> between ground and tower...now options ... no clearance. So now I am
> >> getting IFR clearance and canceling it before I begin taxiing. Then I
> >> taxi VFR and request takeoff VFR and it gets me in the air and then do
my
> >> thing (IFR). This makes me a little apprehensive about purchasing
> >> it...although I like what it does. It's making me a better
pilot...more
> >> planning, running checklists, scanning the panel, thinking ahead. I
have
> >> to try it with a small GA like my DF 310 and see how it works. Give
> >> yourself an 'Atta Boy' if you made it to the end of this here "thesis."
> >>
> >> Mr. Steve

Ahh.. sound like a CB'er or Ham. Seven thirds and I'm clear... 2s and
9s...Cool Hand Luke going 10-7

I had better success last night. Don't know why. One of those things I
guess. I didn't post as soon as it happened either. It happened more than
one day...reboots...restarts etc. Oh well, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Mr. Steve

"VE5JL" <ve5jl@ve5jlHATES_SPAM.com> wrote in message
> The only problem I had at KSFO there was A LOT of traffic. It took me
> forever to get to my turn, but the passengers liked the cheesy music. I
> simply turned down my traffic from 100% to about 50% and I got to the
> active
> runway faster. Speaking of SFO, I was doing the FSPAX war zone demo and I
> found myself at an airport close to SFO I don't remember what the airport
> was. As I took off I got shot up and lost my hydraulics and electric
> systems, I managed to VFR it to SFO and landed on the active with no flaps
> or any other instruments. (The GWPS) worked. once I landed the passengers
> cheered, it was rather cool, I received a good score for my flying.
>
> I love the program and paid for it after about a week of flying out of
> SFO.
> Thanks to this NG and the person that was looking for a crack, I had no
> idea
> the program existed until someone was looking to steal it. Lots of work
> when
> into this program and I was more then happy to pay for it.
>
> 73's
>

> "Mr. Steve" <surveyorsteve@cox.net> wrote in message
>> I guess I will try it a few times from the same spot, the same date, the
>> same time FS9 only (IFR of course) and see whether it happens then or
>> not.
>> The only other thing that is a variable would be the Dash 8 (PAD Dash 8
> ERA
>> livery). I don't think I have any add-on stuff for that area...default
>> terrain etc.
>>
>> I've had a few glitches myself over the years but usually not every time.
>> even changed the time and once even the date...It's a head scratcher. I
>> keep you posted with what happens.
>>
>> Thanks for the replies. Oh and BTW, I was at 10L. From the default demo
>> ramp, it is right in front of you.
>>
>> Mr. Steve
>>
>> "Adam Webb" <adam@ajmysecondname.eclipse.co.uk> wrote in message
>> > never had this problem, are you sure you are taxiing to the right
> runway?
>> >
>> > ok that makes me sound like im calling you a newbie, but really,
>> > FSpassenger doesnt mess with the ATC, so that bug or whatever you are
>> > getting is to do with FS9.....
>> >
>> > --
>> > From Overlag - Adam Webb
>> >
>> > "Mr. Steve" <surveyorsteve@cox.net> wrote in message
> says
> the
> toggling
> my
> pilot...more
> have

What the hay.. I lost my right engine, all electrical, one fuel tank shot
and drained, vacuum, and one other thing I can't remember. I made it to SO
on a compass and landed with no other incident and NO CHEERS OR NOTHING FROM
ANYONE! BOY AM I HURT :( I used a Howard 500 cause I knew it was a tough
old bird.)

I tried the takeoff from KSFO as before and it worked fine. I don' know
what caused the problem before. I never got clearance but tower kept saying
"caution the Dash 8 taking off..." I waited up to 15 minutes once.

Anyway, if I have more success, I may buy the whole enchilada.

Mr. Steve

"VE5JL" <ve5jl@ve5jlHATES_SPAM.com> wrote in message
> The only problem I had at KSFO there was A LOT of traffic. It took me
> forever to get to my turn, but the passengers liked the cheesy music. I
> simply turned down my traffic from 100% to about 50% and I got to the
> active
> runway faster. Speaking of SFO, I was doing the FSPAX war zone demo and I
> found myself at an airport close to SFO I don't remember what the airport
> was. As I took off I got shot up and lost my hydraulics and electric
> systems, I managed to VFR it to SFO and landed on the active with no flaps
> or any other instruments. (The GWPS) worked. once I landed the passengers
> cheered, it was rather cool, I received a good score for my flying.
>
> I love the program and paid for it after about a week of flying out of
> SFO.
> Thanks to this NG and the person that was looking for a crack, I had no
> idea
> the program existed until someone was looking to steal it. Lots of work
> when
> into this program and I was more then happy to pay for it.
>
> 73's
>

> "Mr. Steve" <surveyorsteve@cox.net> wrote in message
>> I guess I will try it a few times from the same spot, the same date, the
>> same time FS9 only (IFR of course) and see whether it happens then or
>> not.
>> The only other thing that is a variable would be the Dash 8 (PAD Dash 8
> ERA
>> livery). I don't think I have any add-on stuff for that area...default
>> terrain etc.
>>
>> I've had a few glitches myself over the years but usually not every time.
>> even changed the time and once even the date...It's a head scratcher. I
>> keep you posted with what happens.
>>
>> Thanks for the replies. Oh and BTW, I was at 10L. From the default demo
>> ramp, it is right in front of you.
>>
>> Mr. Steve
>>
>> "Adam Webb" <adam@ajmysecondname.eclipse.co.uk> wrote in message
>> > never had this problem, are you sure you are taxiing to the right
> runway?
>> >
>> > ok that makes me sound like im calling you a newbie, but really,
>> > FSpassenger doesnt mess with the ATC, so that bug or whatever you are
>> > getting is to do with FS9.....
>> >
>> > --
>> > From Overlag - Adam Webb
>> >
>> > "Mr. Steve" <surveyorsteve@cox.net> wrote in message
> says
> the
> toggling
> my
> pilot...more
> have

Arthur

Thank you, Captain.

Arthur

"Oskar Wagner" <rengaw@swissonline.ch> wrote in message
> [...]
>>> the forth time of sitting there, I canceled IFR and received clearance
>>> to takeoff VFR, and requested my IFR flight while in flight and
>>> proceeded on. The next time I tried the same thing and after it said to
>>> get clearance for VFR from the tower, it only gave me the option of
>>> toggling between ground and tower...now options ... no clearance. So
>>> now I am getting IFR clearance and canceling it before I begin taxiing.
>>> Then I taxi VFR and request takeoff VFR and it gets me in the air and
>>> then do my thing (IFR). This makes me a little apprehensive about
>>> purchasing it...although I like what it does. It's making me a better
>>> pilot...more planning, running checklists, scanning the panel, thinking
>>> ahead. I have to try it with a small GA like my DF 310 and see how it
>>> works. Give yourself an 'Atta Boy' if you made it to the end of this

I love it and I've had no problems other than when I forget to close the
door and the passengers get upset. Or if I don't feed them on long trips
they get pissed too. The plane I was flying was a 737 and it's a blast to
fly. The FSpax makes it so much better.

I used to be a CB'er back in the day then I graduated to ham radio hens the
call VE5JL. I love FS so much that I also graduated to a flight student.
You'd be surprised how accurate the sim is to the real thing. I should have
my PPL by spring.

> [...]
> > into this program and I was more then happy to pay for it.
> >
> > 73's
> >

> > "Mr. Steve" <surveyorsteve@cox.net> wrote in message
> >> I guess I will try it a few times from the same spot, the same date,
the
> >> same time FS9 only (IFR of course) and see whether it happens then or
> >> not.
> >> The only other thing that is a variable would be the Dash 8 (PAD Dash 8
> > ERA
> >> livery). I don't think I have any add-on stuff for that area...default
> >> terrain etc.
> >>
> >> I've had a few glitches myself over the years but usually not every
time.
> >> even changed the time and once even the date...It's a head scratcher.
> >> keep you posted with what happens.
> >>
> >> Thanks for the replies. Oh and BTW, I was at 10L. From the default

I am jealous. Unless things change a lot, I will never be able to get PPL.
I am in a position to get my Sport. I have 19.5 hrs but my CFI moved to San
Diego and he was also by bud and didn't cost me much of nothing. He's not
Sport certified yet but whatever works...learn to fly then learn the plane.

Hope all goes well.

> [...]
>> > found myself at an airport close to SFO I don't remember what the
> airport
>> > was. As I took off I got shot up and lost my hydraulics and electric
>> > systems, I managed to VFR it to SFO and landed on the active with no
> flaps
>> > or any other instruments. (The GWPS) worked. once I landed the
> passengers
>> > cheered, it was rather cool, I received a good score for my flying.
>> >
>> > I love the program and paid for it after about a week of flying out of
>> > SFO.
>> > Thanks to this NG and the person that was looking for a crack, I had no
>> > idea
>> > the program existed until someone was looking to steal it. Lots of work
>> > when
>> > into this program and I was more then happy to pay for it.

Danny

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Passengers seem to be better satisfied when I let the flight attendents
handle the food and drink automatically. I have had two flights with
"Perfect" rating and 100% satisfaction after changing the food/drink setting
to automatic. Seemed I was too busy flying and for got to wine em and dine
em!
I certainly believe this is one of the better add-ons for flight simulator.