Sun and Microsoft Java

I have both Sun and Microsoft java installed and checked under TOOLS/INTERNETOPTIONS/ADVANCED.

What does these checkmarks indicate? Is it possible to have both Sun and Microsoft java activated in the same browser at the same time? I use XP SP1 with Internet Explorer as browser.

Would appreciate information about this - thank you.

Peter
2 answers Last reply
More about microsoft java

    The two will not work at the same time. If the sun java is the default
    system a coffee cup will appear in the taskbar when java virtual machine is
    operating. If you are using Microsoft's as default nothing is displayed.

    --
    John Barnett MVP
    Associate Expert
    "Peter Hamlet" <hamlet@nospam.com> wrote in message
    I have both Sun and Microsoft java installed and checked under
    TOOLS/INTERNETOPTIONS/ADVANCED.

    What does these checkmarks indicate? Is it possible to have both Sun and
    Microsoft java activated in the same browser at the same time? I use XP SP1
    with Internet Explorer as browser.

    Would appreciate information about this - thank you.

    Peter

    Both MS and Sun Java can be installed but only one can be active in a
    browser. Choose to use Sun or not in the Java Plug in (Coffee Cup)
    settings in Control Panel.

    In my case I use Sun Java in FireFox browser and MS Jave in Internet
    Explorer

    John ALlen

    On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 15:44:48 +0200, "Peter Hamlet" <hamlet@nospam.com>
    wrote:

    >I have both Sun and Microsoft java installed and checked under TOOLS/INTERNETOPTIONS/ADVANCED.
    >
    >What does these checkmarks indicate? Is it possible to have both Sun and Microsoft java activated in the same browser at the same time? I use XP SP1 with Internet Explorer as browser.
    >
    >Would appreciate information about this - thank you.
    >
    >Peter

Browsers Java Microsoft Windows XP