Sun and Microsoft Java

September 28, 2004 7:44:48 PM

I have both Sun and Microsoft java installed and checked under TOOLS/INTERNETOPTIONS/ADVANCED.

What does these checkmarks indicate? Is it possible to have both Sun and Microsoft java activated in the same browser at the same time? I use XP SP1 with Internet Explorer as browser.

Would appreciate information about this - thank you.

Peter

More about : sun microsoft java

Anonymous
September 28, 2004 11:40:35 PM

The two will not work at the same time. If the sun java is the default
system a coffee cup will appear in the taskbar when java virtual machine is
operating. If you are using Microsoft's as default nothing is displayed.

--
John Barnett MVP
Associate Expert
"Peter Hamlet" <hamlet@nospam.com> wrote in message
I have both Sun and Microsoft java installed and checked under
TOOLS/INTERNETOPTIONS/ADVANCED.

What does these checkmarks indicate? Is it possible to have both Sun and
Microsoft java activated in the same browser at the same time? I use XP SP1
with Internet Explorer as browser.

Would appreciate information about this - thank you.

Peter
Anonymous
September 29, 2004 11:14:29 AM

Both MS and Sun Java can be installed but only one can be active in a
browser. Choose to use Sun or not in the Java Plug in (Coffee Cup)
settings in Control Panel.

In my case I use Sun Java in FireFox browser and MS Jave in Internet
Explorer

John ALlen

!