1) Future proof- I need a system that will work right now (hence the 805), and also with Conroe when it comes out. I'd like this sytem to be able to last about 4 years, and able to handle Vista with just some additional memory.
2) Non-gaming, but moderately powerful system for large complicated graphical documents (Visio, Photoshop)
3) Quiet, non-OC'd system (well maybe very mild OC'ing, if can be done safely).
Mobo: D975XBX (v.304)
CPU: Intel Pentium D 805 (temporary, until I get a Conroe)
Memory: 1GB Crucial Tech. Ballistix 240Pin DDR2 667 (PC2 5300)unbuf
HDD: WD RE WD2500YD 250GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s
Graphics: eVGA 256-P2-N420-AX Geforce 6600GT 256MB GDDR3 PCIe
Case/PSU: Antec SONATA II 450Watt SmartPower 2.0 ATX 12V V2.0
1) Any incompatibility problems with the components I've listed?
2) Other than the overpriced motherboard, once I get a Conroe CPU is the rest of the components reasonably well-balanced for the goals I've listed?
4 Years? Gotta make some changes man. Change memory to Corsair 2GB or OCZ 2GB. Keep video card or change to 6800GS and keep till DX10 video cards come out and then get a DX 10 card. And the power supply looks okay but if any problems, upgrade to at least 500W Antec. If you want more speed, get a 10,000 RPM drive although optional.