help! need wirless mouse/keyboard that can reach 10ft+

TTSTAB

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2006
is there such a thing? i tried one wireless set from walmart and it didn't go over 3 feet (go figure :p )... i'm just curious if they have such a thing, as i've only seen them with a 5 foot maximum range. i'd like to not get a 10ft extension cord for my keyboard/mouse. If i do use an extention cord will i loose performance?

VG2k2

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2006
Logitech G7 is what i have i love the mouse only downfall is the battery dies with a day or two of use but thats ok! it comes with two rechargable batteries and a cool little chargerreciever. are far as range i know it will go atleast 20ft possible more but ive tested that far and i had no problem... except the fact i can hardly see my monitor from that far away :p heres a link to newegg.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16826104203

hope this helps!

mesarectifier

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2006
Bluetooth is the best as far as distance is concerned. Some people report short battery life, but my Apple Bluetooth mouse hasn't had a change of battery and still has full battery after 4 months.

Plus you can use it from the other side of the house.

aj49

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2005
I've had the MS Bluetooth for over a year. The batt life is good because the KB & mouse "sleep" after a while, the only prob with that is that it can take 1-2 sec's to wake up but I believe it has to sit for 5-10 minutes to go to sleep mode. The only complaint is that it looses contact w/ the computer every month or so (unless it it the BestBuy/Compaq POS it works on) and you have to "find" it again. Seems fast enough for strategy games & work. The thing I like in a KB/mouse is the tilt wheel.
Range is regular BT ~30'

michaelahess

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2006
I use the Logitech MX 5000 set on my HTPC, it works outside my house even (over 30ft), the batteries last a month at least in the keyboard (I use rayovac 15 minute rechargables) and the Mouse lasts a couple weeks on a charge during heavy gaming use. Never have lag with it in games either; bluetooth is great.