Briefcase Excel files not updated - merger problem

September 28, 2004 2:09:11 PM

My briefcase works well with Microsoft word files and jpg file. but when I
try to use Excel spreadsheets it will not copy to the briefcase. I get a
messge saying File.xls will not be updated because its merge handler cannot
be loaded"
Anonymous
September 28, 2004 9:52:32 PM

"yann" <yann@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My briefcase works well with Microsoft word files and jpg file. but when
> try to use Excel spreadsheets it will not copy to the briefcase. I get a
> messge saying File.xls will not be updated because its merge handler
cannot
> be loaded"

The problem occurs because of an incompatibility between the Excel version
you are running and the Excel version that the file was saved in.

Go here for more info and instructions on how to fix it:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=%2Fservi...

Rich C.
--
For a limited time get FREE HELP for your PC at
The PC Help Network