MxM

Distinguished
May 23, 2005
Which one is better? What are the essential differences in those? I have good computer so performance is not a problem, but I am looking for good, immersive and not very repetitive gameplay. Can you give your opinions, especially if you played both games?

I haven't got a clue what FF XI is, but I know WoW is very popular. [/unless really wasn't it, well at least it adds to the post count :smile: ]

(\__/)
(='.'=) <A HREF="http://snipurl.com/fxwr" target="_new">Welcome to the House of Horrors, welcome to the House of a 1000 Corpses</A>
(")_(")

riser

Illustrious
FF XI.. I was confused too.. until I realized nerds exist, then I thought Final Fantasy XI because I read an earlier title.

I've never played any of the Final Fantasy games.. I don't even really know what it is.. hah

WoW is good.. FF has it's cult, just like WoW though.

It's way too subjective... you'd have to try both for yourself to see which one you preferred. I play WoW, have never tried FFXI; nor do I have a desire to try it.

<font color=red> If you design software that is fool-proof, only a fool will want to use it. </font color=red>

BrentUnitedMem

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2004
FF XI has been out much longer than WOW, however I believe more people play WOW.

<font color=blue>******
<font color=green>"My Memory is not working today"
<font color=blue>AIM SoCaliCrowley

BrentUnitedMem

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2004
One other thing, WOW has been constantly changing since it came out. I am not very familiar with the specific game play of FFXI.

However since WOW came out there have been several major enhancements including: Honor system, Battlegrounds (PVP), new dungeons/instances. And they are always adding new quests and decorations.

You should check their <A HREF="http://www.worldofwarcraft.com" target="_new">WEB</A>

<font color=blue>******

riser

Illustrious
They should limit the amount of time you can play WOW at 30 hours a week.

When I played, I was level 20 when I started grouping up with a few specific people. After about a month, when I wa s level 47, they were all level 60. I can't afford to pump 30-50 hours a week into a game just to keep up.

And what really pisses me off is that all the guilds STILL organize all the BIG events on Saturday NIGHTS. Why not a Monday night or a Sunday night??

I'm a closet gamer. No one knows I play games. I will not stay home on a Saturday night playing games unless it's in the winter.

BrentUnitedMem

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2004
It's getting crazy.

Many people pay third parties to "power-level" their characters to Level 60 in about 16 days. It is ridiculous.

People spend about $60 on 500gold- which takes a normal level 60 player about 2 days to farm. It is ridiculous.

I imagine the top players on the populated servers are probably online 24 hours a day. (meaning that people in different countries share the same account).

China is in the process of installing time restrictions on all WOW accounts in the country (this may already be in place). They have a good reason too. Chineese gold farmers can make more money selling gold online than they can with a normal day job.

Its insane. But since online games are starting to mimick real-life more and more, it's not so suprising. I find that all these qualities mixed together makes the game more interesting.

The events are organized according to the most compatible times, which just happens to be weekends. Afterall, you need 40 people for some of the raids. Not my idea of fun on a Friday night either.

I have not caught myself up with leveling. I have been on level 40-44 for about 2 months now. I just craft items, and PVP. So it seems to me there is a nitch for everyone who plays.

<font color=blue>******

riser

Illustrious
L2.. there was a group of Korean people who were training to take over the game.. take all the castles, which means you earn all the money, etc. They were fighting like crazy to do that, and inturn they would sell money for cash and get rich quick.

I played on a PVP server but I made the mistake of being a NE Hunter.. if anything got close, you were dead.

I was one of the better PVP players out there, I didn't throw everything into one thing like all the other hunters did. I was well balanced, but even then, if anything got close, hunters were dead.

I didn't care for the over powering of rogues compared to other classes and I really thought the hunter was useless for anything.

I quit playing because I was getting killed by lower level players when they'd get in close, crit me for a [-peep-] load and then I was dead. Then again, I went around killing off higher levels when they weren't pay attention or I had an advantage, but I had to work a lot harder.

Then being outrun by everything and then some, that was annoying as hell. Crafting was just boring. I did skinning and leatherworking.. after a while, it just became too much sitting around and farming skins.

It would have been cool if they added more extensive skills to leatherworking.. like you could do select armors, etc. Not just all leather armor, etc. Make it more specialized and not so tedious.. need to add something to it. Maybe if you just found the items, then you'd put them in a curing station and 1 hour later it would be ready. That way you wouldn't need to sit around waiting on things. You could do something.

Then you get those damn asians who just take over the game.. and the people who play way too much who know everything about the game and ruin it.. I like the adventure.. roaming around and finding things. I don't like how someone already has a full blown map and knows how to not fight anything to get to a point and get the treasure real quick. I want the adventure, not just to complete tasks.

Oh well.

BrentUnitedMem

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2004
I know how you feel. It gets annoying. Some guilds form raid groups just to attack the gold farmers so they can listen to them complain how they need the WOW gold to feed their family. Funny and sad at the same time.

I find the crafting professions alot of fun. In the Auction house you can buy ingredients from other players, without farming. Also, leatherworkers are able to craft chain mail at level 40, and there are three specializations (each with its own specific items). Other professions have specializations too. It Makes each player's skills more unique.

Another good thing I like are soulbound items- bound to a particular character and cannot be traded. This prevents players from selling the best items on ebay or other sites. Instead they have to sell the entire account.

Yeah hunters kinda suck- but Blizzard just added a bunch of [-peep-] to the Hunter class last week- and now they are actually pretty good, especially in group battle (Battlegrounds).

Then you get those damn asians who just take over the game.. and the people who play way too much who know everything about the game and ruin it
funny [-peep-]

Seriously! For example, you can only get some items in the game by earning honor points, which are based on how many players of the opposite faction you've killed in a given week. Thing is, the points are calculated once a week and a score is given to each player. That score is compared to every player and the ranks are divided. Only the players that literally play 24 hours a day are able to obtain the highest rank. That just makes for an impossible goal. And if you dont play, you can lose rank.

Take a look at the <A HREF="http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/pvp/index.html?r=Blackrock&faction=h#top" target="_new">ranks</A>

I have been playing since January, and I have only 4,000 kills which is more than 80% of the players at my level. I pitty myself haha!

There are only three horder players on a server with thousands of players who have the highest rank: warlord.

<font color=blue>******

riser

Illustrious
I want to say I played on Burning Sword or something.. I forget the server name but it was PVP one.

Everytime PVP started, we were always out numbered, 4 to 1. The server said it was evenly balanced, with the horde having about 200 more players than the alliance.. but, when you broke it down to levels, most of the alliance was sub lvl 20, while the majority of horde were 25+.

So PVP wasn't all that fun, unless you'd pick off a straggler. Then the ganking.. that got annoying.. and the camping.. but it is part of the game to camp a corpse.

The ranking system doesn't mean much to me.. it's fun, but unless you dedicate your life to it, it's impossible.

Games today are focusing way too much on the hard core gamer and not the casual gamer.

I thought the idea of XP decreasing the more you played was good.. they should have made it go down to 0% XP if you played X amount of hours within 24 hours or so. That way, people would have to quit playing to actually keep up, and it would force people to go outside. :)