Voip to landline call...which provider?

ChrisR

Ok, so I have my wdect phone, sipura ATA configured for fwd, account
with fwd and the echo test is working. Now, how do I call a UK landline
(from NZ)? I'm still searching fwds website, perhaps I have to go with
another provider for this option? The person I'm calling just has a
regular UK landline you see...

Thanks!

ChrisR <chrisr@es.co.nz> wrote:
> Ok, so I have my wdect phone, sipura ATA configured for fwd, account
> with fwd and the echo test is working. Now, how do I call a UK landline
> (from NZ)? I'm still searching fwds website, perhaps I have to go with
> another provider for this option? The person I'm calling just has a
> regular UK landline you see...

FWD won't get you to a regular landline. You'll need to find someone who
will charge you money for termination. There is a huge number of such
suppliers and the prices are pretty competitive.

I've been using gafachi.com which is fine (US$0.02/minute to UK landlines),
and I'm sure others have experiences to share with plenty of other vendors.

miguel

"ChrisR" <chrisr@es.co.nz> wrote in message
> Ok, so I have my wdect phone, sipura ATA configured for fwd, account
> with fwd and the echo test is working. Now, how do I call a UK landline
> (from NZ)? I'm still searching fwds website, perhaps I have to go with
> another provider for this option? The person I'm calling just has a
> regular UK landline you see...
>
> Thanks!

You could get a UK number from www.sipgate.co.uk then you could both call
one another at UK rates. Note though that to get a normal geographic UK
number you need to register from a UK IP address, but you could perhaps
get them to do that for you..?

Ivor

ChrisR

Right, I see. Can I use them as well for my intended purpose or is it
only for US customers....?

ChrisR <chrisr@es.co.nz> wrote:
> Miguel Cruz wrote:
>> ChrisR <chrisr@es.co.nz> wrote:
>>> Ok, so I have my wdect phone, sipura ATA configured for fwd, account
>>> with fwd and the echo test is working. Now, how do I call a UK landline
>>> (from NZ)? I'm still searching fwds website, perhaps I have to go with
>>> another provider for this option? The person I'm calling just has a
>>> regular UK landline you see...
>>
>> FWD won't get you to a regular landline. You'll need to find someone who
>> will charge you money for termination. There is a huge number of such
>> suppliers and the prices are pretty competitive.
>>
>> I've been using gafachi.com which is fine (US$0.02/minute to UK
>> landlines), and I'm sure others have experiences to share with plenty of
>> other vendors.
>
> Right, I see. Can I use them as well for my intended purpose or is it
> only for US customers....?

I'm in Malaysia. I don't think most of them care where you are based as long
as your money's good.

miguel