Explorer crashes viewing folder

My computer is clean of all spyware/adware, and I have
done the necessary updates. However, when I view a
folder that has about 20 picture files in it (they are
about 3mb in size each), mid way while loading the
thumbnails Windows Explorer crashes. I have tried to
explore or change the view type to 'list' but same
result. I cannot access this folder now because every
time I open it it crashes.

The first error message is that Windows Explorer has
experienced an error. Sometimes a 2nd one may appear
saying that DrWatson Postmortem Debugger has experienced
an error. After that I have to end task because Explorer
freezes up.
1 answer Last reply
More about explorer crashes viewing folder

    If your system is clear of viruses and malware, open Control Panel, open
    System, go to
    the Advanced tab, click Settings under Startup and Recovery, remove the
    check from "Automatically Restart" under System Failure. This will cause
    the system to blue screen instead of restarting on errors and the
    information on the blue screen may give a clue as to the source of the
    issue.

    Open Control Panel, open Administrative Tools, open Event Viewer, look for
    errors corresponding to the crash, double click the error, the information
    contained within may give a clue as to the
    source of the problem. If you don't understand the information inside, the
    third button down in that dialog box will copy the information,
    you can then paste it into a message and post it here and maybe we can
    figure out what is going on.

    Assuming you have an XP CD and not a recovery CD, place the XP CD in the
    drive, when the setup screen appears, select "Check System Compatibility,"
    the report it generates may point to problem hardware or software on your
    system. If you do not have an XP CD, you can download this application
    known as the Upgrade Advisor from the following site:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/howtobuy/upgrading/advisor.asp
    Note: If you have access to a broadband connection it might be best to
    download using that as this is a rather large download.

    --
    Michael Solomon MS-MVP
    Windows Shell/User

    "Eric" <thugparlay@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > My computer is clean of all spyware/adware, and I have
    > done the necessary updates. However, when I view a
    > folder that has about 20 picture files in it (they are
    > about 3mb in size each), mid way while loading the
    > thumbnails Windows Explorer crashes. I have tried to
    > explore or change the view type to 'list' but same
    > result. I cannot access this folder now because every
    > time I open it it crashes.
    >
    > The first error message is that Windows Explorer has
    > experienced an error. Sometimes a 2nd one may appear
    > saying that DrWatson Postmortem Debugger has experienced
    > an error. After that I have to end task because Explorer
    > freezes up.

Windows Explorer Windows XP