"Q&A With Henri Richard, Part Four"

9-inch

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2006
Q: Could you just briefly clarify what we'll be seeing in terms of the K8L. The K8L core will be a native quad-core processor, but I assume there will also be dual-core products based on the K8L architecture.

A: Our plan is to have both dual-core and quad-core K8L-based processors within the same timeframe. The K8L development, from the ground up, is a quad-core development. In the server space, we believe that in the same way the transition from single- to dual-core was fairly rapid, the transition from dual-core processors to quad-core parts could also be fairly rapid.

At the same time, we're confident that with all the advantages of HyperTransport and enhancements in both the core and the architecture that we're offering with our next generation of processors, that again Intel will be forced back on the defensive, from a performance perspective, because of their lack of scalability. Clearly, we are anxious to show the world what the performance of a real quad-core product can do.

http://techsearch.cmp.com/blog/archives/2006/06/amd_vs_intel_an.html

Viperabyss

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2006
Clovertown was proven to scale better than 2 DC Opterons with their allmighty HT-Links.

LoL. :lol:

hey ycon, you might want to put some links up here, or our sharikou's boy wouldn't believe a word you say.

oh wait, if we bring up the links, then 9nm will probably yell, "that's not true, its not fair. AMD is the best".

Viperabyss

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2006
Q: Could you just briefly clarify what we'll be seeing in terms of the K8L. The K8L core will be a native quad-core processor, but I assume there will also be dual-core products based on the K8L architecture.

A: Our plan is to have both dual-core and quad-core K8L-based processors within the same timeframe. The K8L development, from the ground up, is a quad-core development. In the server space, we believe that in the same way the transition from single- to dual-core was fairly rapid, the transition from dual-core processors to quad-core parts could also be fairly rapid.

At the same time, we're confident that with all the advantages of HyperTransport and enhancements in both the core and the architecture that we're offering with our next generation of processors, that again Intel will be forced back on the defensive, from a performance perspective, because of their lack of scalability. Clearly, we are anxious to show the world what the performance of a real quad-core product can do.

http://techsearch.cmp.com/blog/archives/2006/06/amd_vs_intel_an.html

hey 9nm, you DO know Henri is a business man, and his golden words are not as reliable as you think, right?

Viperabyss

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2006
Several applications show that Clovertown scales better when going from 1 to 4 cores than a Dual Opteron system.
not to be offensive, but if you don't post a benchmark that fully supports your statement, your assertions are as BS as 9nm's.

Ycon

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2006
Oh, wait up.
With XS I didnt mean extra small, I meant xtreamsystems.
Sorry, I forgot that you are too dumb to follow any kind of conversation.
I hope you can forgive me 8)

TRENDING THREADS