How to make all my documents in a folder to be "read Only"

All my important files are stored in my my main computer
(WinXP pro, P4, wired LAN, word processor is Corel
wordperfect10) in 'documents and Settings". When I add a
new file in the subfolders, that new file is NOT "read
only" even though its parent subfolder is set as "read
only". Two questions: (1)Is there any way that I can
globally change all these NEW files to "read only" without
doing it one by one? (2) In the future is there any was to
automatically FORCE the file to be saved with
the "readonly" attribute?

syhn wrote:

> All my important files are stored in my my main computer
> (WinXP pro, P4, wired LAN, word processor is Corel
> wordperfect10) in 'documents and Settings". When I add a
> new file in the subfolders, that new file is NOT "read
> only" even though its parent subfolder is set as "read
> only". Two questions: (1)Is there any way that I can
> globally change all these NEW files to "read only" without
> doing it one by one? (2) In the future is there any was to
> automatically FORCE the file to be saved with
> the "readonly" attribute?
XP Home or XP Pro? If you right click on Documents and Settings
do you have a security tab?

gls858