Asus equals ghosting? or more complicated?

sposes

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2006
I bought a Asus N6200/TD/128 (Geforce 6200 128MB AGP 8x) to replace my old Celistica Radeon 9200SE

After instalation I noticed ghosting around the cursor and window edges. I also notice a faint verticle line on the left of the screen, as well as diagonaly moveing lines in 3D games.

I send it in for replacements, and recieve a replacement from Asus, I notices the problems still exist but are significantly less noticable. Ive tryed various monitors and even difernt computers, the problem persists. I have decided to live with the problem but would like to know:

Does this have possibly anything to do with Asus, being they get the chips from Nvidia but then build the card themselfs and perhaps the workmanship is shoty?

Or perhaps this has something to do with Nvidia, and that 6200 is not realy a top of the line, merely entery level and they think we should live with minor anoyancies.

The ATI card in the same system had no problems.

Nitro350Z

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2006
It might be a driver conflict, try uninstalling the previous drivers and use a driver cleaning program then install the new drivers.

Hope this helps

waylander

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2004
YES please ensure that you have completely removed the video driver (probably catalyst) that you had installed previous to getting this card. make sure that all traces of it are gone, either driver cleaner or something. Asus typically makes good quality stuff but are better known for their motherboards than graphics.... evga and bfg are nvidia partners that I would choose for graphics.

cleeve

Illustrious
A driver wouldn't cause ghosting, methinks.

Could be intereference, maybe even a bad card. Try it in someone else's machine if you can... if it ghosts there too, exchange it.

sposes

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2006
Initialy, I made the mistake of asumeing I can uninstall Catylist after I install the new card, I learned diferntly and actualy did a format which ive now learned is bad troubleshooting practice.

But of cource after the format whatever drivers were there were gone, then I tryed the supplied drivers, which just crash the system, so I try drivers from Nvidias site. I try diff versions with no change.

The card I got back from Asus has all the reported problems but less aparent, and again does not mater what system I install it on.

Asus said it might be my power supply, but realy the card has no power connector.

My PSU is Thermaltake TR2 430W (w0070) http://www.tr2tt.com/products/psu/w006970/w006970.htm

Could this be the problem? It does supply 18A on the 12V rail.