Robert Enderle article on Apple? Say what?

V8VENOM

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I read the article twice and I'm still trying to figure out the point of the article? Is it the point that companies hide what they really do? This isn't exactly new news is it? Just about ALL companies do this -- keep the public guessing.

I mean, I don't see articles on how Microsoft are "leveraging" (their preferred term) Vista with DX10 so if ya wanna see the eye candy in games you better buy Vista. There is NO technical reason DX10 could not be made available for WinXP other than "Microsoft want you to buy Vista". I don't see front page articles about that method of operation.

Studies that the average buyer is 55 -- I guess I don't fit that study. Anyone can just surf the apple forums and see that the average Apple user is NOT 55. I don't know a single friend that is 55 and has an Apple.

But why is this article even making news on TomsHardware? It's the kind of article you would see in "The Inquirer" next to the heading "Alien's Turned my Husband into a Dog".

At first it looked like another Microsoft fanboy out to get Apple, but reading the article and seeing zero content with zero references and no real purpose -- I'm left scratching my head, why is this article here?

Rob.

note to self, avoid reading anything by Robert Enderle.