Sysvol Entries

Hi

why do i have additional scripts and policies folder in my sysvol? They are
named like

Policies_NTFRS_0009c40f

or

scripts_NTFRS_001464a4_NTFRS_000b6d5a

and so on.

How can i remove them?

Thanks

Abacus

These are the FRS staging folders. FRS writes to staging folders before
committing to the SYSVOL. These should clear themselves up, but can also
sometimes -but not always- point to FRS trouble. Have a look in the NtFrs
event log for warnings and/ or errors. I'd also have a quick look through
Microsoft's website - there's a stack of info. on the FRS, and there's been
some changes implemented through SPs too.

--

Paul Williams

http://www.msresource.net
http://forums.msresource.net

"news.microsoft.com" <@> wrote in message
Hi

why do i have additional scripts and policies folder in my sysvol? They are
named like

Policies_NTFRS_0009c40f

or

scripts_NTFRS_001464a4_NTFRS_000b6d5a

and so on.

How can i remove them?

Thanks

Abacus

Your Policies and Scripts folders have morphed. Have a look at
http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/WindowsServ/2003/all/techref/en-us/Default.asp?url=/Resources/Documentation/windowsserv/2003/all/techref/en-us/w2k3tr_frs_how.asp

..for information on morphing.

You would do well to append the name "BAD" after the morphed file or
folder name and watch what happens to the other DCs. If all goes well,
the other Polcies_NTFRS_XXXX folders will be renamed accordingly, and
then you can delete the bad (morphed) entries.

Chris Malone