Multifunction Printer For Dorm Room

pip_75

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2005
What is a good multifunction printer that I could use in my dorm room
I need one that can scan/copy/print in color

I looked at some of the canon ones and the only bad thing about most of them is their size

scorch

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2004
I am using a HP 2575. It takes 2 print cartrages with the heads built on them. The advantage is that you get a new print head with every replacement. This printer also has slots for all of the flash media and a built in network connection. It is a scanner and copier also. The print quality in text is excellent and pictures are just under the Cannon printers when you look up close. I got this printer in Dec of 05 and have not yet replaced the print cartrages. Oh and it has a little LCD screen on it to view pictures and for configuration. The current price is $200 us dollars.
Hope this helps.

tyr86

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2005
I have a 1210v (I think thats the letter) from HP. I love it as I can scan or make copies with a one button push. Unfortunately, when I was rearranging my dorm room a couple years ago, I dropped it and broke the plastic hopper, but only the end, so it still works... :oops: Ah, well, it's a good printer if it can survive a 4 foot fall!

If it is one thing HP can do right, it is printers.

pip_75

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2005
I ended up getting the Canon Pixima MP500 and it has been working great ever since I bought it

print quality for pictures is good and copies are good also

Doughbuy

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2006
I got an HP PSC... something, anyways, mine crapped out on me, but thats printers for ya'll.. the companies barely break even on printers but make the killing on cartridges...

I still say HP is a decent company for printers, and my printer worked really nice until it did die...