Report current security in AD

can someone recomment a tool that I could use that would scan the current
users and computers enviroment and tell me who had access to what OU with out
enabling logining in windows 2003

Sounds like you want something equivalent to Cacls.exe
(for file permissions) for use in AD?

Maybe DsAcls.exe from the Support Tools would suffice....

--
Herb Martin

"kahlan" <kahlan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> can someone recomment a tool that I could use that would scan the current
> users and computers enviroment and tell me who had access to what OU with
out
> enabling logining in windows 2003

I don't see how this is possible.

I would say the solution is to enable auditing and then purchase a tool that
reports on audit logs.

I use HP OpenView Operations for Windows (HP OVOW) to pull events from the
event log and notify people. You can also achieve this with a scheduled
script. You just need to know what you're looking for.

GFI have a tool that reports on event logs. Not sure, but this may be what
you're after.

--

Unless you mean who has access. In which case ACLDIAG and DSACLS may help.

--

Paul Williams

http://www.msresource.net
http://forums.msresource.net

"kahlan" <kahlan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
can someone recomment a tool that I could use that would scan the current
users and computers enviroment and tell me who had access to what OU with
out
enabling logining in windows 2003

TRENDING THREADS