SDC Active directory not responding

In our organisation's LAN 2 servers one windows 2003 (PDC)and the other
windows 2000 (SDC) are there. We have configured and synchronised Active
directory in both servers.
Suddenly, the AD of SDC is not responding and following
Error code: 16650 Source:SAM
Error messages
noticed. Earlier DNS was configured properly and everything was working fine.
Please Help!
Error Message:
Naming information can not be located because: The server is not
operational: Contact domain administrator for checking whether domain
controller has been configured properly.
Event Log Error messages:
1. The DHCP Server service terminated with the following error:
The system cannot find message text for message number 0xDHCP Server in the
message file for The system cannot find message text for message number
[...]
message file for %2. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
.. . . .

2. The account-identifier allocator failed to initialize properly. The
record data contains the NT error code that caused the failure. Windows 2000
will retry the initialization until it succeeds; until that time, account
creation will be denied on this Domain Controller. Please look for other SAM
event logs that may indicate the exact reason for the failure.

Event ID 16650: The account-identifier allocator failed to initialize in
Windows 2000 and in Windows Server 2003
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=839879

BR,
Denis

"vatsan" wrote:

> [...]
> message file for The system cannot find message text for message number
> 0xDHCP Server in the message file for The system cannot find message text for
> message number 0xDHCP Server in the message file for The system cannot find
> message text for message number 0xDHCP Server in the message file for The
> system cannot find message text for message number 0xDHCP Server in the
> message file for %2. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
> . . . .
>

> 2. The account-identifier allocator failed to initialize properly. The
> record data contains the NT error code that caused the failure. Windows 2000
> will retry the initialization until it succeeds; until that time, account
> creation will be denied on this Domain Controller. Please look for other SAM
> event logs that may indicate the exact reason for the failure.

'Repadmin' command doesn't work. Where to find this tool?

"Denis Wong @ Hong Kong" wrote:

> [...]
> > message file for The system cannot find message text for message number
> > 0xDHCP Server in the message file for The system cannot find message text for
> > message number 0xDHCP Server in the message file for The system cannot find
> > message text for message number 0xDHCP Server in the message file for The
> > system cannot find message text for message number 0xDHCP Server in the
> > message file for %2. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
> > . . . .
> >

> > 2. The account-identifier allocator failed to initialize properly. The
> > record data contains the NT error code that caused the failure. Windows 2000
> > will retry the initialization until it succeeds; until that time, account
> > creation will be denied on this Domain Controller. Please look for other SAM
> > event logs that may indicate the exact reason for the failure.

Windows support tools.

\Support folder on the Windows installation media.

--

Paul Williams

http://www.msresource.net
http://forums.msresource.net