For the Mods

I don't know if there's a way that I'm missing other than the
killfile, but can all these idiotic 'boooooooinger king' messages
just be blocked entirely from the newsgroup? Or can someone
show me a way that's been really effective on them, please?

Thanks -

TME

--

To the optimist, the glass is half full.
To the pessimist, the glass is half empty.

"The Magic Engineer" <pem79@comcast.net> wrote in message
>I don't know if there's a way that I'm missing other than the
> killfile, but can all these idiotic 'boooooooinger king' messages
> just be blocked entirely from the newsgroup? Or can someone
> show me a way that's been really effective on them, please?

I used to try and block serial spammers, but after the operating system got
reinstalled a few times it seemed pointless to keep doing it if my darling
was going to just keep deleting everything.

So now I ignore the spam until I want to get rid of it and just click "work
offline" and click on all the spam (you can hold down the control key and
just keep marking the spam) and hit "mark as read". Refresh and it's gone.
Click "go online" or (I think) the refresh will ask you if you want to go
online now.

I have considered doing a kill file (well, message rules) again, but I
figure that (especially) booooingerking uses so many "o"s so that he can get
past the "contains ___ in the subject line" by varying the number of "o"s.
Changing the "from" is easy to do also. But there is a message rule for
"from specified account". I don't know if that would work.

What news reader are you using? I guess I should have asked that first. :)
All this is for XP and OE. I know I should try to get away from OE, but I
am so used to it, and I tried another reader a long time ago and was very
frustrated with it. Scares me too much to try even though I have Mozilla
Suite with a reader.

Hope this helps,

daramark