Deleting domain tree which no longer exists.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.active_directory,microsoft.public.win2000.dns,microsoft.public.win2000.networking (More info?)

I'm not sure i got the right teminology.

But we have a domain which every1 logs onto on the LAN called DOMAIN1 for
excample, the old DOMAIN has become redundant and no longer used, but when
login in it is still showin as a optional domain we can logon onto.

WHat can i do to removed the domain.

thx

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.active_directory,microsoft.public.win2000.dns,microsoft.public.win2000.networking (More info?)

If the domain exists or existed in your AD Forest you will need to go
through the process of removing a domain.
If the domain was not in the Forest, you need to delete the Trust
relationship between the domains
Anthony

"Leon" <ap76_at_email.com> wrote in message
> I'm not sure i got the right teminology.
>
> But we have a domain which every1 logs onto on the LAN called DOMAIN1 for
> excample, the old DOMAIN has become redundant and no longer used, but when
> login in it is still showin as a optional domain we can logon onto.
>
> WHat can i do to removed the domain.
>
> thx

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.active_directory,microsoft.public.win2000.dns,microsoft.public.win2000.networking (More info?)

and maybe this helps

Andrei Ungureanu
www.eventid.net
Free Windows event logs reports
http://www.altairtech.ca/evlog/

"Anthony Yates" <anthonyDINGyates@airDONGdesk.com> wrote in message
> If the domain exists or existed in your AD Forest you will need to go
> through the process of removing a domain.
> If the domain was not in the Forest, you need to delete the Trust
> relationship between the domains
> Anthony
>

> "Leon" <ap76_at_email.com> wrote in message
>> I'm not sure i got the right teminology.
>>
>> But we have a domain which every1 logs onto on the LAN called DOMAIN1 for
>> excample, the old DOMAIN has become redundant and no longer used, but
>> when
>> login in it is still showin as a optional domain we can logon onto.
>>
>> WHat can i do to removed the domain.
>>
>> thx

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.active_directory,microsoft.public.win2000.dns,microsoft.public.win2000.networking (More info?)

Thank you both, I will have a look at the KB documents pages and see if they
can help me.

Thx again.
"Andrei Ungureanu" <andreix.nospam@msn.com> wrote in message
> and maybe this helps

> Andrei Ungureanu
> www.eventid.net
> Free Windows event logs reports
> http://www.altairtech.ca/evlog/
>
> "Anthony Yates" <anthonyDINGyates@airDONGdesk.com> wrote in message
> > If the domain exists or existed in your AD Forest you will need to go
> > through the process of removing a domain.
> > If the domain was not in the Forest, you need to delete the Trust
> > relationship between the domains
> > Anthony
> >

> > "Leon" <ap76_at_email.com> wrote in message
> >> I'm not sure i got the right teminology.
> >>
> >> But we have a domain which every1 logs onto on the LAN called DOMAIN1
for
> >> excample, the old DOMAIN has become redundant and no longer used, but
> >> when
> >> login in it is still showin as a optional domain we can logon onto.
> >>
> >> WHat can i do to removed the domain.
> >>
> >> thx

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.active_directory,microsoft.public.win2000.dns,microsoft.public.win2000.networking (More info?)

Is the old domain previously a Win2K domain? Try doing the metadata cleanup
process to see if it helps...