Printers Access Denied

After adding a 2003 domain controller to a 2000 network I
have added printers to the 2003 DC using tcpip ports. I
can print to them etc from the server but when I try to
add the printers to clients then I get the error - access
denied. I have used the same printer names, ports etc
still used on the 2000 server. Could the problem be that
these ip addresses are still set up as ports/printers on
the 2000 server? I get the same error when logged in as
domain admin, administrator etc.

Using the same name on another server should have no bearing. You have a
different server name so the share names and IP addresses are allowed to be
the same. We do this all the time.

Have you looked at the security permissions on the share on the 2003 server?
Are you sure you have the correct share name when you are trying to map the
printer?