Votes: 13 46.4%
  • Geil

Votes: 15 53.6%

• Total voters

penguin1

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2006
Which is the best company.

As simple as that.. these companies have rams with same frequency and latency timing.. ranging from value rams to higend ones. So it all boils down to which brand is the best, most stable, warranty, service. price.

i know there are a lot more brands out there but these are the few that i can get locally without shipping from overseas.

edit: I'm getting DDR2. 800MHz

Fursecul

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2006
You got it wrong the best RAM company is Corsair and Patriot,they make the best RAM but if it comes between the 2 i would choose Geil

siggsy

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2006
should of added more options to the poll as has be mentioned in the above posts

Fair enough but as penguin1 has stated, these brands are what he can get locally - doesn't anybody read?!

If I had to choose between the two, I'd go for Geil :)

penguin1

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2006
what the?

I am dead sure i added OCZ and Corsair to the list but i don't know why it doesn't appear. Strange.. oh well kingston and Geil then.

Pain

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2004
I don't think there is an answer. Quality of production runs changes from day to day, vendor to vendor. Qualified hardware lists change from motherboard to motherboard. If people say one is better than another, on any given day, they don't know what they are talking about.

If I had to make a buying decision I'd be more inclinded to try to find out what memory works best in my particular motherboard. You still couldn't be sure, again based on the qualtiy of the different production runs, but you are better off than just picking a vendor out of the air and saying it is better than another based on some misconceived idea of quality.

bitsbytesandboolean

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2006
Ok, so I didn't read the fact that this guy is in ANTARTICA!? Nice catch btw...

Wow, must be cold there... but you have to admit, I sparked a lot of discussion amoungst the other brands... :D

FatFunkey

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2006
yea dude you only have Geil (which just started..as a company) and Kingston...you forgot to other major ones.....Corsair and Patriot

NexxusBits

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2006
Good Sir,

Corsair and Kingston are great to deal with warranty wise.

OCZ is Good Value, Great overclockers.

Geil is also great overclocker.

My pick is Corsair. Excellent with great base peformance.

elpresidente2075

Distinguished
May 29, 2006
Good Sir,

Seems like he should have no problems overclocking. -64 degrees C?!? If that is where he is, he should go with what overclocks best and crank it. Just make sure he has a duct from outside to cool his comp. 8O

3Ball

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2006
anything micron based...newer OCZ models, Samsung and Crucial (performance wize Crucial Ballistix all the way) Though I do like partiot...hense the sig!

Best,

3Ball

Antec P180 Case
Antec Neo HE 550w PS
AMD Athlon 64 3700+ Sandy @ 2.32ghz (Arctic Freezer 64 Pro)
Gigabyte K8N SLI Pro 939 Mobo
Sapphire X1900XTX (668 / 792) actual! (Arctic Accelro X2)
(2x1024mb) DDR400 Patriot Performance Mem (2.5-3-2-5) @ 420mhz
!Mobo Limiting OC!

1Tanker

Splendid
Apr 28, 2006
Good Sir,

Seems like he should have no problems overclocking. -64 degrees C?!? If that is where he is, he should go with what overclocks best and crank it. Just make sure he has a duct from outside to cool his comp. 8OHe lives in a virtual phase-change unit. Temps are lower than you'd get with a prommy. :wink:

yourmothersanastronaut

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2006
I read about a guy who liquid cooled his computer using copper tubing connected to his house's water system. The radiator is a long stretch of copper pipe buried underground, so it's entirely passive except for the pump, which was outside.

Only problem is that his computer is now attached to his house...

If you used that principle with your outside temperatures, an overclocked Prescott would run full load around 10 degrees!