ADPREP /diomainprep problems

I cannot seem to be able to run adprep /domainprep on my domain
controller... it is the GC and forest root and I want to upgrade to server
2003. We must have already ran both of these in the past to get exchange
2003 installed so I am not sure what has changed...

Here is the error I am getting in the adprep log:

<snip>

Adprep verified the state of operation
cn=446f24ea-cfd5-4c52-8346-96e170bcb912,cn=Operations,cn=DomainUpdates,cn=System,DC=Sidney,DC=nii.

[Status/Consequence]

The operation has not run or is not currently running. It will be run next.

Adprep was unable to complete because the call back function (null) failed.

[Status/Consequence]
Error message: Windows cannot determine the local sysvol location. Upgrade
of Domain Group Policy Objects failed. (The system cannot find the file
specified. )

[User Action]
Check the log file Adprep.log, in the
C:\WINNT\system32\debug\adprep\logs\20041126150910 directory for more
information.

Adprep was unable to update domain-wide information.

[Status/Consequence]
Adprep requires access to existing domain-wide information from the
infrastructure master in order to complete this operation.

[User Action]
Check the log file, Adprep.log, in the
C:\WINNT\system32\debug\adprep\logs\20041126150910 directory for more
information.

<end snip>

The sysvol share exists and is being share and everything else looks like it
is right... this machine *is* the infrastructure master...

Any ideas?

"Marc Speed" <vw_marc@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I cannot seem to be able to run adprep /domainprep on my domain
> controller... it is the GC and forest root and I want to upgrade to server
> 2003. We must have already ran both of these in the past to get exchange
> 2003 installed so I am not sure what has changed...

They (Exchange and Win2003) do not perform the same upgrade.

The usually reason for such problems is either failure to be fully
replicated or a DNS error that prevents finding or authenticating
with the (correct) DCs.

In this case, it is mentioning the Infractructure master which is
likely either offline or not findable through DNS.

Run DCDiag on each affected DC and try the repl admin tools
if that doesn't discover/resolve the problem.

--
Herb Martin

> Here is the error I am getting in the adprep log:
>
> <snip>
>
> Adprep verified the state of operation

cn=446f24ea-cfd5-4c52-8346-96e170bcb912,cn=Operations,cn=DomainUpdates,cn=Sy
stem,DC=Sidney,DC=nii.

> [Status/Consequence]
>
> The operation has not run or is not currently running. It will be run
next.

> Adprep was unable to complete because the call back function (null)
failed.

> [Status/Consequence]
> Error message: Windows cannot determine the local sysvol location. Upgrade
> of Domain Group Policy Objects failed. (The system cannot find the file
> specified. )
>
> [User Action]
> Check the log file Adprep.log, in the
> C:\WINNT\system32\debug\adprep\logs\20041126150910 directory for more
> information.
>
> Adprep was unable to update domain-wide information.
>
> [Status/Consequence]
> Adprep requires access to existing domain-wide information from the
> infrastructure master in order to complete this operation.
>
> [User Action]
> Check the log file, Adprep.log, in the
> C:\WINNT\system32\debug\adprep\logs\20041126150910 directory for more
> information.
>
> <end snip>
>
> The sysvol share exists and is being share and everything else looks like
it
> is right... this machine *is* the infrastructure master...
>
> Any ideas?

TRENDING THREADS