Sign in with
Your question

ATI vs. NVIDIA - The Challenge Continues

Last response: in Motherboards
June 29, 2006 3:07:36 AM

While looking at various motherboard options I was looking at the site techreport.com and came across this note:

Quote:
"We're also a little leery of how NVIDIA's acquisition of ULi will affect support for the M1575 south bridge down the road. The prospect of future driver updates may be bleak, and with Windows Vista looming, that's an important consideration. "

Can anyone clarify this, does anyone see this to be a problem and therefore for long-term future upgrades to look to NVIDIA only?
June 29, 2006 3:30:43 AM

Quote:
While looking at various motherboard options I was looking at the site techreport.com and came across this note:

"We're also a little leery of how NVIDIA's acquisition of ULi will affect support for the M1575 south bridge down the road. The prospect of future driver updates may be bleak, and with Windows Vista looming, that's an important consideration. "

Can anyone clarify this, does anyone see this to be a problem and therefore for long-term future upgrades to look to NVIDIA only?

WRONG FORUM.

But, no, it's not a problem. The best motherboards out there w/ nVidia chipsets aren't offering a ULi southbridge solution. Thank god.

What I think the article is refering to is older ULi chipsets and boardmakers who are still incorporating ULi southbridges with nVidia northbridges because they're too farking cheap to use one solution.
June 29, 2006 8:57:55 AM

It's not a problem nvidia will keep it's word and i don't thing there will be any problems
Related resources
June 30, 2006 1:44:49 AM

Let me rephrase the question...if I buy an ATI motherboard will I have issues with future upgrades...

The board I am looking at is the Asus A8R-MVP
June 30, 2006 3:03:35 AM

wait so u want to buy an ATI Mobo....and use Nvida...video...card.....................oki dookie
June 30, 2006 3:38:20 AM

Well after doing all that with the video card I finally figured it out "oh wait I guess they should match"...but no I am working on NVIDIA...

Back to the drawing board...time to figure out the NVIDIA card to get...
June 30, 2006 3:54:40 AM

Quote:
Let me rephrase the question...if I buy an ATI motherboard will I have issues with future upgrades...

The board I am looking at is the Asus A8R-MVP

Based on your limited brain, you'll have issue with anything.. damn..

This queation about ATIvs nvidia compatibility has been asked too many time ..
!