Jet Blue nose gear - After

Hi Dallas,

So, what's the story behind this? Did the pilot lock up the brakes, was it a
brake / Anti-skid failure? The event sure must have gotten an A+ for the
smoke it produced!!

Loek

"Dallas" <Cybnorm@spam_me_not.Hotmail.Com> schreef in bericht
This is what 100 knots and pavement can do to your wheels.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v101/Dallas52/Dallas/jet-blueMVC_003L.jpg

Dallas

> So, what's the story behind this? Did the pilot lock up the brakes, was it
> brake / Anti-skid failure? The event sure must have gotten an A+ for the
> smoke it produced!!

this was the plane that had a front gear failure, the gear/wheels was facing
90degrees to the direction of travel on touch down.......

--
From Overlag - Adam Webb

Oeps, just now I read "nose-gear"! Makes it even more interesting!

Loek

"L. Mulder" <lbn.mulder@hccnet.nl> schreef in bericht
Hi Dallas,

So, what's the story behind this? Did the pilot lock up the brakes, was it a
brake / Anti-skid failure? The event sure must have gotten an A+ for the
smoke it produced!!

Loek

"Dallas" <Cybnorm@spam_me_not.Hotmail.Com> schreef in bericht
This is what 100 knots and pavement can do to your wheels.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v101/Dallas52/Dallas/jet-blueMVC_003L.jpg

Dallas

Thanks Adam,

Now I understand why the tires are damaged the way they are; one side gone,
other side still some rubber left as it was on the "leeway" side. Gee, the
screeching alone! A dentist would have loved it..

Loek

"Adam Webb" <adam@ajmysecondname.eclipse.co.uk> schreef in bericht
> So, what's the story behind this? Did the pilot lock up the brakes, was it
> brake / Anti-skid failure? The event sure must have gotten an A+ for the
> smoke it produced!!

this was the plane that had a front gear failure, the gear/wheels was facing
90degrees to the direction of travel on touch down.......

--
From Overlag - Adam Webb

"L. Mulder" <lbn.mulder@hccnet.nl> wrote in message
> Now I understand why the tires are damaged the way they are; one side
> gone,
> other side still some rubber left as it was on the "leeway" side. Gee, the
> screeching alone! A dentist would have loved it..

Here's a link to the downloadable video of the landing that was televised
live in the US during primetime.
http://thepoliticalteen.net/2005/09/21/planelandssafe/

Here's a link to the cnn.com story:
http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/09/21/airliner.emergency.ap/

Thanks for the link, Matt. Well done by the boys up front. Still wonder what
it sounded like inside the cabin....

Loek

"Matt B." <none@given> schreef in bericht

"L. Mulder" <lbn.mulder@hccnet.nl> wrote in message
> Now I understand why the tires are damaged the way they are; one side
> gone,
> other side still some rubber left as it was on the "leeway" side. Gee, the
> screeching alone! A dentist would have loved it..

Here's a link to the downloadable video of the landing that was televised
live in the US during primetime.
http://thepoliticalteen.net/2005/09/21/planelandssafe/

Here's a link to the cnn.com story:
http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/09/21/airliner.emergency.ap/