DeskJet 5850 using WPA

I have an HP Deskjet 5850 printer and a Netgear WGT624v2 netgear
router.

I've got the printer set on a static IP because it doesn't seems to be
able to lease an IP from a DHCP server and I managed to set up the
printer to work over the wired network.

It'll work over wireless with no security or with WEP but when I set
the security to WPA/PSK, it just won't connect to the network. The
network config page tells me that the IP if 0.0.0.0 and that the
wireless status is 'scanning'.

Has anybody else had similar problems with this printer or had success
making it work?

I called HP tech support, they're refusing to honour the warranty so
won't swap it or support it even though it's only 3 months old.

Thanks for the reply Ted

The Printer is supposed to be WPA enabled. It say so in the
instructions, on HPs website and it's even listed as WPA certified by
the wi-fi alliance.

Phill wrote:
> Thanks Ted,
>
> The wireless set-up is simple, it just doesn't seem to work.
>
> I've got HP to send me a new one, after probably 10 hours of phone
> calls and
> faxing/emailing/posting-on-the-web-and-sending-a-url-over-chat my
> proof of purchase. I'm hoping that it's a faulty network card,
> especially because it won't lease an IP at all even over wired, may
> just be a faulty newtork card. If that's not the case I'll try the
> other group.
>
> Cheers,
> Phill

I hope things work out Phill.
I would be interested to know how you get on with the new printer as I might
want to go 'wireless' myself in the near future.

Ted