add shortcut to desktop?

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
November 30, 2004 11:13:03 AM

I'd like to add an item to users desktops- a shortcut to an important
spreadsheet. I know how to redirect entire desktops, but that's not what I
want to do. I also know I can do a group policy under Active Desktop to add
a URL-based item to a desktop, but this is just a plain-vanilla shortcut.
Does anyone know a way to do this?

More about : add shortcut desktop

Anonymous
November 30, 2004 11:13:02 PM

Or create a script and put it into your logon script in GPO

Set objShell = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
strDesktopFolder = objShell.SpecialFolders("Desktop")
Set objShortCut = objShell.CreateShortcut(strDesktopFolder &
"\YourExcelLink.lnk")
objShortCut.TargetPath = pathtoyourfile"
objShortCut.Description = "Description."
objShortCut.Save

--
Regards

Matjaz Ladava