Window XP Firewall and Norton Personal Firewall...

marc

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Currenlty I have both Norton Personal Firewall and Window XP SP2 defaulted
Firewall on....

Don't see any problems...but should they both be on or will they
conflict?...or should I turn off XP's Firewall...

thanks,
/Marc.

"Marc" <landriault4796@rogers.com> wrote in message

> Currenlty I have both Norton Personal Firewall and Window XP
> SP2 defaulted Firewall on....
>
> Don't see any problems...but should they both be on or will
> they conflict?...or should I turn off XP's Firewall...

I can't swear that they *will* conflict, buut there is still
always a risk of conflicts. Besides running
both wastes system resources, and running both adds no protection
over just running just Norton's. To me it's a no-brainer--don't
also run the XP firewall.

Please reply to the newsgroup