Good, Quiet Socket 370 Cooler

FITCamaro

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2006
I just got my hands on a dual Pentium III 1.1GHz Tautalin server that I'm going to use as a file server, FTP server, and web server. Currently the CPUs are passively cooled. It runs ok and doesn't overheat, but one processor runs at about 63C and the other at about 54C. While within acceptable tolerances, its a little too hot for my anal paranoidness (other people make up words so so can I).

Anyone know of a good Socket 370 heatsink that isn't so huge that it won't allow two to run side by side in a dual processor motherboard, but still cools well and is near silent?

Cunninglinguist

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2005
Just ziptie a couple 80mm fans on the passive blocks. Orientation doesn't even matter. Put them on the top, side, or wherever.

Seriously, 370 HSFs are hard to find and way overpriced. They usually use fans the size of chipset fans and sinks that are even smaller. Basically, it's not worth it.

Go-Getto & forget-about-it.

1Tanker

Splendid
Apr 28, 2006
Just ziptie a couple 80mm fans on the passive blocks. Orientation doesn't even matter. Put them on the top, side, or wherever.

Seriously, 370 HSFs are hard to find and way overpriced. They usually use fans the size of chipset fans and sinks that are even smaller. Basically, it's not worth it.

Go-Getto & forget-about-it.
I tend to agree with cunninglinguist here.
P3 Tualatins are very easy to cool, so it shouldn't take much more to cool it down. Maybe some better case flow,or one or two well placed fans, blowing towards the HS. GL :)