In order to make the runway 13 instrument approach at Kai Tak airport (VHHX)
I just need to add ILS and marker beacons to the default scenery (planned to
used AFCAD). Where do I find coordinates etc. on these navaids? The official
approach chart doesn't help me.

/Jes

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

> In order to make the runway 13 instrument approach at Kai Tak airport
(VHHX)
> I just need to add ILS and marker beacons to the default scenery (planned
> used AFCAD). Where do I find coordinates etc. on these navaids? The
official
> approach chart doesn't help me.
>
> /Jes

Jes; I added ILS to 13 and 31 but the 13 approach is too steep for
conventional glide slope. I used AFCAD11. Sounds strange but if you check
box (Enable B/C) you will be able to put a seperate freq for the other end
of rwy. Pick your own freq, just make sure some near airport isn't using
them. All you do is select the rwy in AFcad (click add navaid) and it knows
the co-ordinates. Good luck, I've had a lot of fun with this one. Ended up
using vfr approach with the two ndb's in place there.If I could only get the
GS to fan out a little it would make it a sorta ILS. LOL

John

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

"Jes Søndergaard" <jes-s@stofanet.dk> wrote in message
> In order to make the runway 13 instrument approach at Kai Tak airport
(VHHX)
> I just need to add ILS and marker beacons to the default scenery (planned
> used AFCAD). Where do I find coordinates etc. on these navaids? The
official
> approach chart doesn't help me.
>
> /Jes

Jes; I added ILS to 13 and 31 but the 13 approach is too steep for
conventional glide slope. I used AFCAD11. Sounds strange but if you check
box (Enable B/C) you will be able to put a seperate freq for the other end
of rwy. Pick your own freq, just make sure some near airport isn't using
them. All you do is select the rwy in AFcad (click add navaid) and it knows
the co-ordinates. Good luck, I've had a lot of fun with this one. Ended up
using vfr approach with the two ndb's in place there.If I could only get the
GS to fan out a little it would make it a sorta ILS. LOL

John

TRENDING THREADS