Start/Programs Menu

Hi,

I hope somone can help me figure this out.

Take a look at this screencap of my desktop:

http://img9.exs.cx/img9/1489/desktop157.jpg

This pic has not been cropped. Notice how the programs
menu is off to the right and the programs in the far right
column are actually partially off the screen.

How do I fix it so that the programs menu is fully on the
screen?

Thanks
Tony
8 answers Last reply
More about start programs menu

    Tony wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I hope somone can help me figure this out.
    >
    > Take a look at this screencap of my desktop:
    >
    > http://img9.exs.cx/img9/1489/desktop157.jpg
    >
    > This pic has not been cropped. Notice how the programs
    > menu is off to the right and the programs in the far right
    > column are actually partially off the screen.
    >
    > How do I fix it so that the programs menu is fully on the
    > screen?
    >
    > Thanks
    > Tony

    Shorten the longest shortcut name. The panel defaults to the longest
    shortcut name and makes all panels the same width.
    --
    Michael Stevens MS-MVP XP
    xpnews@bogusmichaelstevenstech.com

    Tony wrote:
    : Hi,
    :
    : I hope somone can help me figure this out.
    :
    : Take a look at this screencap of my desktop:
    :
    : http://img9.exs.cx/img9/1489/desktop157.jpg
    :
    : This pic has not been cropped. Notice how the programs
    : menu is off to the right and the programs in the far right
    : column are actually partially off the screen.
    :
    : How do I fix it so that the programs menu is fully on the
    : screen?
    :
    : Thanks
    : Tony
    Increasing the screen resolution if possible would help.
    TonyS

    Hi Tony,

    Well, that will be my last resort. I have bad vision and
    need the lower resolution to be able to read. I'll keep
    that in mind though.

    Thanks

    Rather than using the Classic menu, you could use the default XP menu.
    Right click the Start button, select properties, select Start menu as
    opposed to "Classic Start menu," click apply and OK. The appearance will be
    different from what you are used to but it should resolve the issue without
    having to change resolution.

    --
    Michael Solomon MS-MVP
    Windows Shell/User

    "Tony" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi Tony,
    >
    > Well, that will be my last resort. I have bad vision and
    > need the lower resolution to be able to read. I'll keep
    > that in mind though.
    >
    > Thanks

    Thanks Michael. Yes, that works. It'll just take a while
    to get used to.

    Thanks
    Tony

    Hi...I just had this problem fixed on another newsgroup. My programs now
    scroll instead of off the screen. If you would like your programs to scroll
    in one list (which is the only thing that works besides changing resolution,
    which I didn't want to do either)
    go to Start Menu Bar/, right click to properties/ customize/ advanced/ click
    the box that says scroll
    That will cause all the programs to be on one list instead of spread out
    across the screen
    Worked for me!
    Glenda

    You're welcome, Tony.

    --

    > Thanks Michael. Yes, that works. It'll just take a while
    > to get used to.
    >
    > Thanks
    > Tony

    I'll give it a try and see how it works out.

    Thanks
    Tony

Desktops Microsoft Windows XP