Start/Programs Menu

Tony

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2001

Hi,

I hope somone can help me figure this out.

Take a look at this screencap of my desktop:

http://img9.exs.cx/img9/1489/desktop157.jpg

This pic has not been cropped. Notice how the programs
menu is off to the right and the programs in the far right
column are actually partially off the screen.

How do I fix it so that the programs menu is fully on the
screen?

Thanks
Tony

Tony wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I hope somone can help me figure this out.
>
> Take a look at this screencap of my desktop:
>
> http://img9.exs.cx/img9/1489/desktop157.jpg
>
> This pic has not been cropped. Notice how the programs
> menu is off to the right and the programs in the far right
> column are actually partially off the screen.
>
> How do I fix it so that the programs menu is fully on the
> screen?
>
> Thanks
> Tony

Shorten the longest shortcut name. The panel defaults to the longest
shortcut name and makes all panels the same width.
--
Michael Stevens MS-MVP XP
xpnews@bogusmichaelstevenstech.com

tonys

Tony wrote:
: Hi,
:
: I hope somone can help me figure this out.
:
: Take a look at this screencap of my desktop:
:
: http://img9.exs.cx/img9/1489/desktop157.jpg
:
: This pic has not been cropped. Notice how the programs
: menu is off to the right and the programs in the far right
: column are actually partially off the screen.
:
: How do I fix it so that the programs menu is fully on the
: screen?
:
: Thanks
: Tony
Increasing the screen resolution if possible would help.
TonyS

Tony

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2001

Hi Tony,

Well, that will be my last resort. I have bad vision and
need the lower resolution to be able to read. I'll keep
that in mind though.

Thanks

Rather than using the Classic menu, you could use the default XP menu.
Right click the Start button, select properties, select Start menu as
opposed to "Classic Start menu," click apply and OK. The appearance will be
different from what you are used to but it should resolve the issue without
having to change resolution.

--
Michael Solomon MS-MVP
Windows Shell/User

"Tony" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi Tony,
>
> Well, that will be my last resort. I have bad vision and
> need the lower resolution to be able to read. I'll keep
> that in mind though.
>
> Thanks

Tony

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2001

Thanks Michael. Yes, that works. It'll just take a while
to get used to.

Thanks
Tony

Hi...I just had this problem fixed on another newsgroup. My programs now
scroll instead of off the screen. If you would like your programs to scroll
in one list (which is the only thing that works besides changing resolution,
which I didn't want to do either)
go to Start Menu Bar/, right click to properties/ customize/ advanced/ click
the box that says scroll
That will cause all the programs to be on one list instead of spread out
across the screen
Worked for me!
Glenda

You're welcome, Tony.

--

> Thanks Michael. Yes, that works. It'll just take a while
> to get used to.
>
> Thanks
> Tony

Tony

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2001

I'll give it a try and see how it works out.

Thanks
Tony