Connecting ONE DESKTOP AND LAPTOP THROUGH LAN FOR SHARING FILES TRANSFER

mpraveenavadi

Distinguished
May 1, 2011
Hello,
I AM USING A LAPTOP WHICH HAS WIN 7 AND A DESKIOP WHICH IS USING WIN XP HOW TO CONNECT THEM USING WI-FI ROUTER.I NEED THEM TO BE CONNECTED AND TRANSFER FILES BETWEEN THEM!PLS TEEL ME HOW

wonder44

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2010

iv tried connecting windows 7 with xp and its hard enough as it is with a ethernet cable. i would recommend using a ethernet cable. But if you do not have one try the following... (1) on the win 7 pc gto control panel (2)network & internetb (3) network & sharing center (4) setup a new connection or network (5) setup a new wireless ad hoc connection and do the following on screen options. if this does not work i am not 100% sure. also if you manage to find the other pc on the network disable you're firewall on both computers. And in windows 7 goto start and type manage advanced sharing settings. make sure network discovery is on, make sure file and printer sharing is on. enable public folder sharing, WARNING make sure you turn this off when you're finished sharing files. use 128-bit connection. turn off password protection. hope ive helped, il do some more research and see if i can figure it out for you in easy detail.