Sign in with
Your question

gaming computer

Last response: in Systems
June 29, 2006 6:44:56 PM

hey guys I'm new to the forums but I have about $2000 to spend on building a gaming computer. I posted in the gaming section but was sent here so... So far this is what I want to get:

Coolermaster Stacker Case
Zalman Reserator-1 water cooling
Dell 20.1" widescreen LCD
Creative X-fi platinum sound card
Logitech Z-5500 speakers
Logitech G15 keyboard
Logitech MX1000 mouse
a 48X or 52X CD drive and a second DVD burner drive
a 160 or 200GB hard drive, maybe if I find a cheap 160GB hard drive I could get it for 10,000 rpm
a gig or 2 of RAM at least 667mhz
a Pentium D 3.2 ghz processor
Asus P5ND2 motherboard
then a side panel window for the case and some lights Very Happy
I already have a wireless internet card for it
for a video card I'm gonna wait for the DX10 cards to arrive, and for the processor I might just get the intel dual core instead
for a PS I'm thinking whatever will work, nothing fancy or expensive just the regular one
I found a nice card reader and I have a floppy drive for it...

under the specs of the motherboard I read "10 USB" but does this mean that it can support 10 USB slots or does it actually have 10 slots on the board? I'm thinking the later but if you guys could confirm that it'd be great! I also need to know the main cables that connect all the hardware together. If anyone has any suggestions for changes to the hardware please chime in! Thanks!

More about : gaming computer

June 29, 2006 7:52:57 PM

Unless you plan to upgrade to the Intel Conroe line in the future, I'd go with AMD for gaming. That has a lot to with personal preference, though in reality, top-market AMD CPUs do outperform the current top-market Intel CPUs.
People will preach "Conroe" at you until your ears fall off ... but the benchmarks are of pre-production prototypes, it's complete naïveté to fully endorse something before it's actually released.

In my thread here, you can see I customized a build for a friend which will definitely be contender for games. And its final price is just over $1,100 (w/o kb, mouse, monitor, headphones).
If it were me, I would've invested in a better CPU and RAM with lower timings. Though he had a limited budget, so I couldn't exactly design him my dream machine.

What size hard-drive do you have now and how much space are you using? You don't necessarily need to tell me, you could save money and get a competitively-priced HDD without an excessive amount of space. Such as the HDD I picked out in that thread: Seagate Barracuda 160GB 7200.9 rpm SATA 3.0Gb/s (now only $64.99) - here.

You'll want to invest in a quality Power Supply. That's one component you don't want to penny-pinch on. Read my post and the other posts in this thread (the link brings you directly to my post): here

If you decide to go with an AM2 system, you'll be able to experience the benefits of DDR2-800; even faster RAM if you poke around.

The motherboard is advertised to support 10 USB slots and that should be correct. However, as you can very well see in the picture ... there are only 4 USB ports visible on the motherboard itself. There are other plugs on your motherboard (detailed in the manual) where you can plug a cord into and enable a USB hub on your tower/case for example. I believe these plugs or ports are called IEEE 1394. In that case though, the motherboard should be able to support well over 10 USB ports.

You'll want conventional IDE cables to plug your drives in with (CD/floppy). And if you go the SATA route (which you should), you'll need Serial ATA (SATA) cables that you'd plug into the motherboard. The retail board should come with all the cables you'll need. Unless you have an unusual amount of optical/floppy drives or are planning to utilize a RAID configuration.

Final words: I'd go with an AM2 system unless you're set on the Conroe route. I'm more familiar with that side of hardware split and I've had personal experience with AMD systems while professional experience with Intel systems (the company I work for uses Intel; I use AMD at home).
Good luck.
June 29, 2006 7:57:14 PM

Ok there are some changes I would make to this, so here it goes (using Newegg.com as a reference)....

Video Card: First.... you can't wait for the DX10 cards if you're getting this rig soon. The P5ND2-SLI does not have integrated video. Also, if you're not planning on getting 2 cards, an SLI board is pointless. In any case, here's what I would go for: eVGA Geforce 7900GT.

Motherboard: Again, if you're not getting 2 of those 7900GT's I suggested (or some other set of Nvidia cards) then an SLI board isn't worth it. However, if the P5ND2-SLI is the way you want to go, then that's fine.

CPU: Intel Pentium D 930

RAM: OCZ Gold 2GB (2 x 1GB) DDR2-800

The difference between the 940 and 930 was about -$30 on Newegg, but the difference between DDR2-667 and 800 was only about +$15.

Quote:
...and for the processor I might just get the intel dual core instead

this doesn't make any sense. You said you were going to get a Pentium D 940 which is dual core.

You mentioned a water cooling kit in your list above, but unless you are planning on doing some MAJOR overclocking to this 930 (or 940 if you decide to stick with it) a water cooling kit isn't needed. If you really want some extra cooling for the cpu, grab a Zalman CNPS9500
About the number of USB ports supported by the board, there are 4 in the back, and 3 sets of front panel USB headers on the board, allowing for a total of 10 ports.

Mouse: Logitech G5... $14 cheaper than the MX1000.

Don't skimp out on the power supply. A cheap supply could lead to many problems. If it dies or overloads, it might also decide to take a certain expensive video card or processor with it. Hopefully someone will come along and recommend a good one (power supplys aren't my thing yet, but i'm learning).
Related resources
June 29, 2006 7:58:21 PM

For PSU I'd recommend something from Antec, probably 450+. If I'm not mistaken you can get them for between $80-120, and they're very reliable. As far as your motherboards "10 USB" I don't know for sure but that is most likely total supported. Most I've ever seen was 4 back panel USB with support for front panel, etc.

I also have a question for you, any reason why you're getting the MX1000 when you could get the G7 which is also laser, adjustable speeds, but comes with two interchangeable batteries. This way you can have one plugged into the charger and one in the mouse and when the one in the mouse dies you just swap and keep going. On newegg the MX is 56, and the G7 is 60 -ish. I've personally used a G7 and can vouch for their gaming ability, I had no jerkiness or problems, and switching the batteries out takes a few seconds. They slide into the slot on the bottom and are released by way of a small button. Also the G7 doesn't take up two USB slots for the charger and the wireless adapter, the charger comes with a USB slot on the front of it so you can plug the wireless adapter into it and then plug the charger into the computer.
June 29, 2006 8:45:18 PM

ok you guys have poured me tons of information and I don't know what to do with it all! It's really helpful but before you guys type really long posts and waste your time I want to clear up a few things first:
I meant intel core2duo not dual core such as is currently avialable
second I want to stick with intel chips as I'm more familiar with them
third I want to wait for the DX10 GPU's due to the fact that vista and vista games are supposedly going to run much better on it. (around when will DX10 cards come out?)
I want to stick with the mx1000 as I don't like the idea of having to swap the batteries cause I'm lazy and I'd much rather just throw the mouse on the charging dock! lol :mrgreen:
As for HD I currently have a 80 gig of which I'm using maybe half so yeah I might just go with a 160gb 7200rpm drive, very likely the one linked as that price is pretty good for a HD (seagate is good quality right?)
I do want to do some mild overclocking on this PC so I might stick with the reserator especially if I have some extra cash. I want to stick with the 940 and maybe overclock it to 3.6 ghz, if I don't go with the intel core2duo chip
The ram that was linked looked pretty good but I don't think I'll need the high speed (800mhz) I think I'm gonna go for some 533 or 667mhz as I read somewhere that the difference between 667 and 800 is not noticable and same for 533 to 667. Those optical drives linked also look great especially for the price. For a PS I'm going to get one after I buy everything else and see how much money I have left. I'll make sure it costs at least $50 so it won't be a POS. How many watts do you think I'll need? Maybe 500? I won't be doing extreme gaming just FPS and RTS and some racing games. Thanks guys I really appreicate the help!
June 29, 2006 10:12:13 PM

Quote:
I want to stick with the mx1000 as I don't like the idea of having to swap the batteries cause I'm lazy and I'd much rather just throw the mouse on the charging dock! lol :mrgreen:

Fair enough, I simply asked since they were close in price and w/ the G7 you would avoid the nasty instance of low or no battery. This will probably only occur if you game for something like 1 week straight though (as in 24/7, I don't even think I could stay awake that long!). :lol: 

As far as Seagate 160 drives I have two that have been running strong for about 1.5 years now, I know that's not too long but I would recommend them as they seem pretty solid/reliable. I've had the most trouble with Maxtors personally.

Quote:
For a PS I'm going to get one after I buy everything else and see how much money I have left. I'll make sure it costs at least $50 so it won't be a POS. How many watts do you think I'll need? Maybe 500?

For your Power Supply 450W should probably be a good starting point as long as you stick with a high quality manufacturers (Antec is good imo).
June 29, 2006 10:43:16 PM

ok...the dx10 gpu's will be lucky to see the light of day early next year. u will be fine with a dx9 gpu for quite some time, so u dont need to worry about that. games wont just switch over to dx10 because of how wide spread dx9 gpus are. it wont be for at least 2 years id say that dx9 chips wont be able to run the high end games anymore. but hey, if u want to wait 6 or 7 months to possilby a year or two, then its ur choice lol
June 29, 2006 10:48:39 PM

Well, the G80 by nVidia and the R600 by ATI , which are both DX10 cards, are being released this fall. The G80 is actually to be released late summer, possibly July.

~Ibrahim~
June 30, 2006 2:42:09 AM

yeah I figure if I just get into the habit of putting the mouse on the dock after I'm done using it, I'll be fine and I think I read somewhere that the dock can charge the mouse enough for another either 10 or 24 hours of use in only 20 minutes! Also the MX1000 uses only one USB port as the dock is powered by a 120V outlet and the wireless receiver is in that one USB port. I'm not going to get the computer for a little while so I think it is worth it to wait for the DX10 cards. I think they should come around when vista comes because people will want to play high end vista games. Maybe there won't be too many but I think in time there will be plenty of DX10 GPU's out there.
June 30, 2006 2:59:57 AM

Quote:
Also the MX1000 uses only one USB port as the dock is powered by a 120V outlet and the wireless receiver is in that one USB port.

I know you're gonna get the MX1000 I just wanted to clarify something. I prolly did a crappy job of it earlier but I did try to explain that a cool thing about the G7 was that it still only uses 1 USB port despite the two components. There's a USB slot on the charger that the wireless adapter plugs into and then the charger plugs into the computer, so: adapter>charger>computer. Another possible benefit of this, it sounds like you get with the MX1000 too, is that you can leave the charger somewhere (desktop compie) and take the wireless adapter+mouse with a laptop.

Hopefully all that makes sense, I'm kinda tired today so not thinking too clearly. :roll:
June 30, 2006 3:43:26 AM

Quote:
For a PS I'm going to get one after I buy everything else and see how much money I have left. I'll make sure it costs at least $50 so it won't be a POS. How many watts do you think I'll need? Maybe 500? I won't be doing extreme gaming just FPS and RTS and some racing games.

A $50 PS is marginal at best for a $2K rig. I agree with the comment about reconsidering the water cooling. Buy a good HSF like the Zalman or Arctic Freezer, etc., take the money saved there and use part of it for a better PS. I like the OCZs and the mushkin but the mushkin is well outside your price range. I've had bad luck with Antecs and mediocre luck with Enermax, Xclio and Coolmax. Maybe look at the mid-range FSP if you don't like OCZ. Don't just worry about watts - compare the total 12V current capacity. If you want to OC and/or get a high current GPU, I'd look for at least 26A and probably consider getting a dual rail PS with 20A on each rail.
June 30, 2006 2:36:51 PM

I've had good luck, actually, with Antec, but they are sligtly overpriced. How about a Thermaltake? Dual Rails is almost a must with a 2K rig...I would say PC Power and Cooling, but they may be out of your budget.

~Ibrahim~
June 30, 2006 2:42:13 PM

Forgot to add: Arcitc Cooling makes some *great* coolers, especially their vertical-coolers. Make sure you pick some Zalman thermal paste, early reviews say it knocks off 8C, yes 8C, from that Silver stuff. This is when the machine is on load and overclocked, which is a good chance here. 8C is major with just some better thermal paste. More than major, damn near mind-blowing! 8C is what you get when you switch coolers, or a new case. But with just some paste?!

~Ibrahim~
June 30, 2006 4:33:53 PM

hmmm 8C seems a little too much, maybe 3 or 4 but definitly not 8! it must be some pretty good thermal paste!
June 30, 2006 6:40:26 PM

Considering my rooms like an easy bake over during the summer I might have to check that out! (I get full sunlight for about 6-7 hours a day, so during summer it's about 5-10F hotter in my room than the rest of the house :? )
June 30, 2006 7:09:07 PM

Let me start out with, why are you planning a computer so far in advance? If you are planning on waiting for DX10 cards then you should be posting this question in 6 months from now.

Second, I have both the G7 and the mx1000 and use neither for gaming, I use my razer copperhead for gaming and the G7 for other use, the mx1000 is currently gathering dust.

Third, why are you going to cheap out on a psu that has to run your entire system? If any other individual component in your system goes bad on you it probably won't take anything else with it but if your psu goes bad it could take everything... and yes $50 IS cheaping out. I'd say spend at least double that.
June 30, 2006 7:25:09 PM

Don't go for the Zalman Reserator-1,save the money for someting better,the Reserator 1 isen't that good.
June 30, 2006 7:26:05 PM

No need to bash him on it, I think it is resonable to get some of the other things out of the way, like the case, cooling, power supply, sound card, drives, hard drive, fans, etc., so when the new GPU's come out, he'll only need to figure out which is in his price range. I mean, it is fine either to ask now or later, but it isn't like there is going to be a new type hard drive that or a new form factor coming in the next few weeks...Just my $.02.

There are plenty of good sub-$100 PSU's that'll suit him, he isn't going to be running Quad-Sli or anything, but it is good to have some overhead, anyways...

~Ibrahim~
a b B Homebuilt system
a b 4 Gaming
June 30, 2006 7:38:25 PM

You do know that if you want to use the DX10 card in DX10 mode, you have to use Vista right? You can't use winxp, 2000, me, 9x with a dx10 card and use dx10. ALL other versions of windows will drop down to dx9. I don't know about you, but the thought of useing first gen graphics cards, along with a first gen MS OS makes me want to puke. Besides, have you seen the performance numbers for Vista gaming? Those DX10 cards will have to be a lot faster....
Lastly, if you will be buying a DX10 setup, wait until either they are released, or a lot more sites have reviews.
June 30, 2006 8:00:47 PM

Quote:

There are plenty of good sub-$100 PSU's that'll suit him, he isn't going to be running Quad-Sli or anything, but it is good to have some overhead, anyways...

Here's a newegg search for PSU's between 450 & 500W with a min price of $50 and max of $100. There's plenty of decent looking ones in there, primarily Thermaltake, foxconn, and antec (these are the ones I hear the most good things about). So obviously you can get something good that will do you well for between $50-$100 as ikjadoon said.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.asp?Submit=EN...
July 3, 2006 12:46:19 AM

thanks for that search, I looked at those PS's and I think I've narrowed it down to these 3:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E1681...

I think several strong 80mm fans should do nicely to cool everything and if I do overclock I'll buy that mini water cooled CPU cooler listed above. Does anyone know of a system that has a bunch of temperature sensors and adjusts the speed of the fans according to the heat of the CPU, GPU, PS...? Maybe something with a 5.25" bay monitor and speed adjuster? Someone mentioned that DX10 cards will only run on DX10 if using vista but when using something like XP they will downgrade to DX9? As long as they run my games on XP I'll be happy, and that card I'm getting isn't going to be a POS so it should work ok, I might just buy vista with this computer but I might also just use the backup disk of my current XP home edition PC. We'll have to see...
July 3, 2006 2:02:24 PM

The Fortron has decent specs, and the antec should be good. I don't really know about the Tagan, I've never even heard of them before. However, if you look at the specs you get over-voltage protection with the other two PSU's, the Tagan doesn't have this. As far as bang for your buck the Antec looks like the best one to me.
July 3, 2006 2:32:17 PM

The Hiper Type-R 580W does great - no signs of stress while playing BF2 and formatting a 250GB drive at the same time. Powering the system in my sig, which is pretty close to what you're trying to build.

On the liquid cooling - if this is your first build, avoid the H20. I decided against it, and I'm glad I did. It would have been too complicated, and my computer is pretty quiet on air, with the stock HSF on everything.

And if you're getting the Stacker, why did you want the reservator? That case begs for an internal liquid cooling system. The case is made for that, or 2 PSUs.
July 3, 2006 4:32:27 PM

yup antec it is, I was reading the reviews and someone mentioned modular wiring, which I assume means the wires can be completely taken out of the PSU without having to desolder something, plus it's the least expensive one, has a good lifetime, dual rails, decent power, and looks like a respected PSU. I wonder though if I could open up the case to swap the fans for some LED fans (I'm a sucker for blue LED's! lol) but that would probably void the warranty right?
July 3, 2006 4:37:40 PM

yup.... most likely would void it.
July 3, 2006 9:07:30 PM

ok I guess I'll go without the LED's then. I might get some cathod tube lights, where would these plug into? Also could I paint the case black or would that too void the warranty, I;m thinking yes but since I'm going to get the window door for the stacker it would look quite ugly...
July 3, 2006 9:39:22 PM

Quote:
hey guys I'm new to the forums but I have about $2000 to spend on building a gaming computer. I posted in the gaming section but was sent here so... So far this is what I want to get:

Coolermaster Stacker Case
Zalman Reserator-1 water cooling
Dell 20.1" widescreen LCD
Creative X-fi platinum sound card
Logitech Z-5500 speakers
Logitech G15 keyboard
Logitech MX1000 mouse
a 48X or 52X CD drive and a second DVD burner drive
a 160 or 200GB hard drive, maybe if I find a cheap 160GB hard drive I could get it for 10,000 rpm
a gig or 2 of RAM at least 667mhz
a Pentium D 3.2 ghz processor
Asus P5ND2 motherboard
then a side panel window for the case and some lights Very Happy
I already have a wireless internet card for it
for a video card I'm gonna wait for the DX10 cards to arrive, and for the processor I might just get the intel dual core instead
for a PS I'm thinking whatever will work, nothing fancy or expensive just the regular one
I found a nice card reader and I have a floppy drive for it...

under the specs of the motherboard I read "10 USB" but does this mean that it can support 10 USB slots or does it actually have 10 slots on the board? I'm thinking the later but if you guys could confirm that it'd be great! I also need to know the main cables that connect all the hardware together. If anyone has any suggestions for changes to the hardware please chime in! Thanks!

Hey Custom you need to check out the motherboard. I have a P5ND2-SLI and it doesn't support the D9xx range of CPU's.
July 4, 2006 2:25:22 AM

yeah I don't know too much about motherboards, pretty much nothing at all so I just picked one by a manufacturer I knew was good and wanted to see how it was. Here's my computer as it looks so far:

Coolermaster Stacker Case w/ window door upgrade
Dell 20.1" ultrasharp widescreen LCD
Logitech G15 keyboard
Logitech MX1000 mouse (might get the G7...)
Logitech Z5500 speakers
Antec SP-500 powersupply
Samsung DVD burner
Sony DVD and CD player (16x/48x)
Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm 160 gb hard drive
Generic card reader
Dell floppy drive to be stolen from my current computer :D 
Intel Pentium D 3.2ghz processor overclocked to 3.8
a good CPU cooler (reccomendations?)
CSB Xfi platinum sound card
TV tuner card
some type of multifunction remote to work music, movies, and other media on my computer
a bunch of fans...
a DX10 video card (something around the equvilant of a 7900GT or GTX now)
motherboard? I want a good quality board no need for SLI, maybe that could support maybe 16 USB ports as I have a lot of stuff that has USB ports built in (keyboard, monitor, case, and card reader) and I don't want any dead ports
July 4, 2006 3:58:47 AM

ok first off.....pentium D.....NO!!, second of all, dont get a dx10 card because there will be problems with them GUARANTEED since they r first gen, if u want dx10 that badly go ahead and wait..but at least get a conroe processor.....
July 4, 2006 4:02:50 AM

yeah that's what I had wanted to get, but I was reading off the list I had compiled a little earlier and I hadn't edited it to conroe yet. So how much will a good conroe CPU cost? And how many ghz should a relatively fast one be? Something near what a 3.2D is now...
July 4, 2006 4:15:04 AM

conroe and pentium d should never be used in the same paragraph....conroe will whip it any day of the week...and for the conroe processor that was running laps around amd's fx-62 is the e6600 i think...and its going to be like 400-500 i think...but thats for a processor that will be better than one 1000+, but for the vid card, id still go with a dx9, because it will run the best games for at least another year or two...and dx10 cards will only have full capabilities with vista, and in my opinion, a first genertion vid card+first generation operating system=many MANY bugs....not worth it to get dx10...right now anyways
July 4, 2006 4:49:49 AM

well 500 is too much I was thinking more something like 300...
July 4, 2006 5:09:09 AM

i said 400-500....not 500 and besides, there will be cheaper conroes coming out that r still lightyears ahead of ANY pentium d's
July 4, 2006 5:59:07 AM

1000 unit pricing for the E6600 is $316. Expect to pay about $380-400 for it at a retail location.
July 4, 2006 1:47:20 PM

u really want that pentium d dont u.....
July 4, 2006 6:50:56 PM

no I just don't want to spend $400-500 on a CPU! Something around 300 is in my budget...
July 5, 2006 12:12:21 AM

calm down....breeeaaaaaaaaath...now, there r STILL conroes that will be within ur budget, so chill. it will still be way better than the D, but the exact prices will be uknown till they r actually released, plus theres the whole thing about actually getting ur hands on one.....
July 5, 2006 1:10:12 AM

Quote:
no I just don't want to spend $400-500 on a CPU! Something around 300 is in my budget...

There are cheaper Conroe chips you know.... the E6400 would better suit your price range. Bulk pricing puts the E6400 at $224 in 1000 unit quantities, so expect to pay around $270-290 for one at launch.
July 5, 2006 1:13:37 AM

The E6600 can be had for around $316, which is at 2.4GHz, while the E6400 is only 2.13...If you are OC'ing, it isn't much difference, though.

~Ibrahim~
July 5, 2006 2:28:11 AM

Quote:
The E6600 can be had for around $316, which is at 2.4GHz, while the E6400 is only 2.13...If you are OC'ing, it isn't much difference, though.

Where can I place my order?
July 5, 2006 2:37:15 AM

ummmmmmmmm....idk where u have been, but the conroe processors rnt even out yet.....................try newegg at the end of the month
July 5, 2006 2:38:04 AM

Good Sir,

AMD is an excellent gaming choice if you are buying right now. You can easily smoke most Pentiums (Equal or better than Extreme) with an Athlon 64. They run quite cool and are a breeze to overclock. Do not be afraid of something new! AM2 is the socket to go with.

If you are waiting sometime for to build your machine, then wait for the future because things can change quick. So dont buy some parts now thinking you can easily add them in 1 year . DX10 is a ways off with support (Vista). The most solid choice is AMD right now.

The Zalman resonator is pretty novel and cool looking, it isnt recommended for extreme oc's. You can save some great coin and buy the other Zalman that someone else mentioned.

And the EVGA 7900GT is a great card calue at the moment even though its DX9.

PSU is definately important.

ATI TV TUNER Pro is the way to go, it comes with remote.

The mouse and speakers that you mention rock.

Good Luck!

Nexxus
July 5, 2006 2:40:23 AM

Quote:
ummmmmmmmm....idk where u have been, but the conroe processors rnt even out yet

Precisely.
July 5, 2006 2:46:42 AM

lol i think i get it now....it was a joke....haha..ha....h.....nevermind.....
July 5, 2006 4:59:35 AM

Quote:
AMD is an excellent gaming choice if you are buying right now. You can easily smoke most Pentiums (Equal or better than Extreme) with an Athlon 64. They run quite cool and are a breeze to overclock. Do not be afraid of something new! AM2 is the socket to go with.

If you are waiting sometime for to build your machine, then wait for the future because things can change quick. So dont buy some parts now thinking you can easily add them in 1 year . DX10 is a ways off with support (Vista). The most solid choice is AMD right now.

AMD may be the way to go right now, but that's going to change in about 3 weeks..... try a little something called patience, and you'll be much happier with the performance.
July 5, 2006 5:38:44 AM

ok well I decided I don't want to overclock because at first I was thinking of getting the reserator and a $200 CPU but now that I've ditched the reserator I'll be able to increase my CPU budget to $300 and then I can use the other $100 for other cooling purposes. On topic I found several nice internal liquid coolers on new egg that cost under a hundred. I feel more comfortable with liquid cooling compared to fans since it is usually quieter and I'm sure my computer will run cooler which is always a good thing. Here are the coolers that caught my eye:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E1683...

I also found another HD option: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E1682...
my other HD option is this one: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E1682...
I found some RAM options too: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E1682...
or
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E1682...
July 5, 2006 5:53:47 AM

liquid cooling is ONLY needed if you're doing a lot of overclocking. Otherwise it's a completely pointless waste of money. Air cooling will work just fine. Hell, I have my P4 630 running at 3.4Ghz (3.0 stock) on the stock cooler and I'm having no heat issues. If cooling is really a big issue for you, grab a Zalman CNPS9500, or if you're getting an AM2 rig, grab the Zalman CNPS9500 AM2.
    • 1 / 6
    • More pages
    • Next
    • Newest
!