Sign in with
Your question

19" Monitor recommendations.

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
June 29, 2006 6:57:09 PM

I hope this is the right forum (it says graphic cards and displays).

But im looking for a good 19" monitor. One with less than 8ms response time and DVI input.

Anyone have recommendations? I'd like one that works well as a gaming monitor as well as other stuff (internet, mail etc.)

How good are Dell monitors? I have a corporate account with them and can get a discount on their 19" Ultrashartp monitors. Costs around $240 out the door.

ANy other recommendations? I'd like to keep it under $300 and most preferably, no more than $270

Thx
June 29, 2006 7:52:43 PM

That Viewsonic is popular...I got one question, is that 2ms response time in the pseudo GTG timing or the regular BTB?

~Ibrahim~
Related resources
a c 365 U Graphics card
a c 196 C Monitor
June 30, 2006 3:33:42 AM

Quote:
That Viewsonic is popular...I got one question, is that 2ms response time in the pseudo GTG timing or the regular BTB?

~Ibrahim~

It's psuedo GTG.

I think you mean BTW, noto BTB.
June 30, 2006 5:32:42 AM

My girlfriend recently brought home a Samsung 931B 19 inch LCD with an 8ms responce time, and it was hella cheap(like around $175.00) at Best Buy.

I was doing fine with my CRT, but she decided I needed an update :roll:

My neighbor has a MAG LCD with a 12ms responce time, and I havent had any issues playing games on it. It doesnt have a digital input though....only analog. The new Samsung I got has a DVI input....but didnt come with a DVI cable :roll:

Is this satandard with LCD'S?

I'm going to be pissed if I buy a DVI cable, and my picture doesnt look any crisper. Any input here would be appreciated.
June 30, 2006 11:32:15 AM

Quote:
The new Samsung I got has a DVI input....but didnt come with a DVI cable :roll:

Is this satandard with LCD'S?

I'm going to be pissed if I buy a DVI cable, and my picture doesnt look any crisper. Any input here would be appreciated.

I think so for some manufacturers. The picture does look better with the DVI input. I have a Viewsonic VP920 and it has both inputs. I use the analog one hooked to my old computer and the DVI on my new rig. The DVI is definitly a clearer, less noisy picture.
June 30, 2006 2:33:06 PM

Quote:

~Ibrahim~

It's psuedo GTG.

I think you mean BTW, noto BTB.

Ah, I see. Well, I meant BTB which means Black-to-black, whle GTG is Gray-to-Gray. It is still a great LCD, all around, anyways...

I prefer DVI over RGB because 1) It is a digital connection 2) It looks cooler when it says "Digital Input" instead of "Analog Input" 3) The picture looks somewhat better, but that just may be my conscious.

One thing I *don't* like about the digital connection is that you can't tweak it as much as the analog connection.

~Ibrahim~
June 30, 2006 4:00:10 PM

Thanks guys. Just ordered it. :) 
June 30, 2006 7:17:54 PM

Excellent! Have fun with it!

~Ibrahim~
!