Moving Users from one domain to another

I would like some advice on how to move users from one Active Directory
Domain to another.

I have just started with a company who have asked for Active Directory to be
installed. Currently the have one DC which has been setup with AD, the
domain is called "xxx.local". They have since installed Live Communication
Server onto it and have created users for this.

I have run ldifde and exported the users to a csv file.

My question is :

If I want to move the users to a domain called yyy.local what do I need to
change in the csv file so I can import it into the AD.

Thanks
Paul

"Microsoft Newsgroups" <paul.lawrence@canbet.co.uk> wrote in message
> I would like some advice on how to move users from one Active Directory
> Domain to another.
>
> I have just started with a company who have asked for Active Directory to
be
> installed. Currently the have one DC which has been setup with AD, the
> domain is called "xxx.local". They have since installed Live
Communication
> Server onto it and have created users for this.
>
> I have run ldifde and exported the users to a csv file.
>
> My question is :
>
> If I want to move the users to a domain called yyy.local what do I need to
> change in the csv file so I can import it into the AD.

The others are suggesting you use ADMT (AD Migration Tool)
because when you export and import users (e.g., with LDIF or CSV
files) you are really creating new users, rather than truly moving them.

One might also ask you why you wish to move them?

Occasionally there are good reasons, but not every
such plan has considered all of the options.

--
Herb Martin

Microsoft Newsgroups wrote:
> I would like some advice on how to move users from one Active Directory
> Domain to another.
>
> I have just started with a company who have asked for Active Directory to be
> installed. Currently the have one DC which has been setup with AD, the
> domain is called "xxx.local". They have since installed Live Communication
> Server onto it and have created users for this.
>
> I have run ldifde and exported the users to a csv file.
>
> My question is :
>
> If I want to move the users to a domain called yyy.local what do I need to
> change in the csv file so I can import it into the AD.

Consider using ADMT v2 to move users instead of using csv file

--
Tomasz Onyszko [MVP]
T.Onyszko@w2k.pl

Have you seen ADMT version 2?