Windows 7 64-Bit fail install

Marsas

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2009
Hello,
I've been trying to install windows, which I get from University as a student, for days. Vista installs, XP installs, Ubuntu installs, but not windows 7.
All the previous BETA versions installed fine, but not this one.
I get CD/DVD Driver missing error.

I've already tried:
- Downloading same image a few times
- Burning image at slowest speeds
- Burning with different DVD drives
- Installing with different drives (one was just recently used for same windows 7 which worked fine...)
- Removing unnecessary USB drives

I did tried to use missing drivers loading them from floppy or USB, but got "no new devices could be found" error.

My MB is Asus P5K, DVD - LG H62N (SATA), Samsung HDD (SATA).

Any help would be appreciated.

Martin

leo2kp

Distinguished
So you're saying that pre-release versions of Windows 7 install fine from an image, but the release version does not. Correct? And, you're getting this release version as an image from your school? They aren't selling DVDs?

Marsas

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2009
Thank you, for your replies.
Leo2kp, we only got acces to free software online.
Topper743, can you help me find them for aus p5k? I'm not sure if I can find them...
Jonmor68, when I go to BIOS, there's only one setting for SATA which is IDE.

topper743

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2007
Look at the page you supplied in your link. Look at the download section and choose the OS you intend to use. That MB has had several BIOS updates (11). Update the the latest. Boot and do the system setup in the BIOS. If you are using a sata dvd you will have to load the Win 7 chipset driver. I just did two seperate systems one was a ah heck like yours and one was a smooth and an easy setup. Something to consider and I had to do this on the hard system is get the vista 64 driver to start the instalation and I repartitioned the raided HDs. DL the drivers you think you'll need and extract them to a usb thumb drive. Setup seperate directories under win 7 64 and vista 64 try to get the win 7 drivers to go first.

Intel(R) Chipset Software Installation Utility V9.1.1.1019 for Windows 32/64bit XP & 32/64bit Vista & 32/64bit Windows 7.(WHQL)

as I said after much frustration used the vista 64 driver and everything went smooth after that.

Marsas

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2009
Thanks for your help.

Is it really neccessary to repartition?
I have three primary partitions, one extended, which in itself has one logical and some unpartitioned space (for future multiboot).

Currently Vista is on the first C: partition, which is suppossed to be for windows 7...

I Already tried 2009/09/18 update.
I'll later try 2007/09/20 update for VISTA.
VISTA also has 2009/09/18 update which seems to be the same.

I'll also try JMicron JMB363 RAID Driver WHQL V1.17.15.0 for Windows XP & 64bit XP & 32/64bit Vista. It is located in RAID folder.

I'm using my phone as a thumb drive. Is it okay? Windows do find it while asking for drivers.

topper743

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2007
No, of course you don't have to repartition. To be honest I'm not sure exactly how you want your disk but for me with one hd I would make one of two choices. One disk one drive C: with no other partioions with everything loaded there. My perference if using only one disk is a C: drive partition for the OS only and a D: drive for apps and data. Does your phone have a USB connector? Then yes. You can get a 2GB drive at Office Depot for $8.

Marsas

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2009
What drivers exactly were, that worked? Was it Intel(R) Chipset Software Installation Utility V8.3.0.1013 for Windows XP & 64bit XP & 32/64bit Vista(WHQL). 2007/09/20 update? I found it under Vista 64 bit and under chipset, but they didn't worked, got the same "no new devices found" error.

topper743

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2007
What BIOS is loaded on the system now? Have you gone through the BIOS and set it up before trying to install?

CAN BE FOUND UNDER THE WIN 7 OS AREA UNDER DL:

Intel(R) Chipset Software Installation Utility V9.1.1.1019 for Windows 32/64bit XP & 32/64bit Vista & 32/64bit Windows 7.(WHQL)

Marsas

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2009
My current BIOS is 1201, but it was updated using ASUS Update which I've got with the drivers CD (tried using it for installing seven, even used floppy with no success). Do I need to download it from that site and try to update again?

Unfortunately I've already tried Intel(R) Chipset Software Installation Utility V9.1.1.1019 for Windows 32/64bit XP & 32/64bit Vista & 32/64bit Windows 7.(WHQL) drivers, but will try again.

Maybe you remember in which folder did you went and what driver loaded? Was it only one? Could it be, that it's my fault for extracting drivers and puting folder in the USB drive? Maybe I should place drivers in some specific location? In the root?