Help! Problem/conflict with Sipura 1001 and D-link 504G ro..

ChrisR

Well, I finally have my Sipura 1001 ATA connected to my D-Link DL-504G
router, an account with Gafachi set up. But I have a rather large
problem. Whenever I place a voip call via Gafachi using their end
termination service to the UK, it stone cold kills my router. The ADSL
sync led goes out, all network activity dies and I cannot even access
the router configuration web page via its ip as it just doesn't work
anylonger.

The only fix is to power off the router, restart my computer and then
unplug/re-plug my adsl line and then finally I can get at the config
screen for the router and tell it to reconnect. Next attempt at a voip
call and the same thing happens.

Any idea as to whats going on? Thanks.

You probably need firmware update for your DL 504G to make it work with
VoIP,
(if there is one). That's fairly normal for 'old' routers.
Regards,
Martin

ChrisR

Well, I updated the firmware on both the ATA and the router and made a
call either....the router didn't lock up after that particular
call...but we shall see how it fares in the future. The call quality
with gafachi to a UK landline was great however. It even improved *my*
singing voice.